• 68(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Hey, since a couple of days the forum browser addon don't work for me now. I was logged in in every forum i use, but when I started it now I'm logged out in every single one. When I try to relogin with my user-data i get an error. I deleted the forums try to add it again, but even that doesn't finish the process I formerly know with the result that I can't add any new forum. initially I installed forum browser with an earlier release, take all your updates till the current one. I'm on frodo 12.3. Does anyone know what to do? Is it a known issue?

Thx for any reply,
Hinnak321

Edit: Tried with the following ones:

xbmc.org
xbmchub
xbmcnerds
DVBViewer
xda-developer
(2014-04-16, 20:00)Hinnak321 Wrote: Hey, since a couple of days the forum browser addon don't work for me now. I was logged in in every forum i use, but when I started it now I'm logged out in every single one. When I try to relogin with my user-data i get an error. I deleted the forums try to add it again, but even that doesn't finish the process I formerly know with the result that I can't add any new forum. initially I installed forum browser with an earlier release, take all your updates till the current one. I'm on frodo 12.3. Does anyone know what to do? Is it a known issue?

Thx for any reply,
Hinnak321

Edit: Tried with the following ones:

xbmc.org
xbmchub
xbmcnerds
DVBViewer
xda-developer

It's working fine for me. I need a log from you to see if there is an error. You could use the XBMC Log Uploader addon to share that.
Hey ruuk,

thx very much for that quick reply. You can find my log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=175537

i tried to change between the forums, also to add new ones with forum browser database + Tapatalk DB but further popup window dont appear.
Line 318: window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

when i try to relogin it works for DVBViewer, but not for xbmc.org
Information 
Version 2.1.64

Changes:
  • Fix for encoding issue when selecting category when adding a forum
  • Fix for broken import on ParserBrowser
  • Fix for splash dialog in Video skin causing errors
  • Require newer version of Password Storage addon module

On my REPO.

Hinnak321: Try this new version. This should fix everything I think. Let me know.
Hey ruuk,

thx for your quick support. unfortunally i can not install/update the fixed forum browser addon now Sad tried several things: when i first started xbmc after read your post that you made an update for it, xbmc noticed that your repo is marked as broken and asked if i want to disable your addons. i choose 'ok' uninstall the single addons (password storage addon and forum browser) and try to install from your repo again. everything work as expected, except the forum browser addon. xbmc shows a message that dependencies arent complied yet. so i manually downloaded the scripts from your github-profile with the same result. even a copy/paste to the userdata "\XBMC\addons\" don't let it work.

so i opened up the logs (uploaded here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=175941) and try to find the dependency which is missing.
i only found that error-message in line 291 that the icon.png could not get loaded. i don't get it. i even comment my substituded Thumbnails folder in advancedsettings.xml took a restart but thats not the issue.

do you have any suggestions for getting this work again?

thx a lot,
hinnak
I should work now. I accidentally forgot to change the version number on the updated Password Storage addon after I changed the version requirement in Forum Browser, so XBMC couldn't find the needed version.

You'll just need to Force Refresh my repository.
all fixes work for me now. thx a lot for your quick support
(2014-02-21, 22:56)ruuk Wrote: - Moved youtube playing to WebViewer 0.9.16 (now uses youtube-dl for video URL extraction)
Hi ruuk,
first - thanks for all your work. Smile
I'm really interested in the youtube-dl thing. I'm using 2 (self written) addons to watch youtube and dailymotion videos.
Currently, I'm using the youtube/dailymotion addon for playback.

It would be great, if I can use script.module.youtube.dl for url resolving instead of using the youtube plugin.
There are a lot of addons that could use it. For example, youtube playback is currently broken, but youtube-dl has already fixed the problem.
So, if I could use your script, I would be able to watch youtube videos again. While using the youtube plugin, I need to wait for a fixed version (which could take some time).

Could you please give me some examples on how to update your script.module.youtube.dl to the latest version,
and also an example on how to resolve urls with it would be great.

I guess, a lot of addon developers could make use of it...

Thanks,
triomaes
(2014-06-23, 19:10)triomaes Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 22:56)ruuk Wrote: - Moved youtube playing to WebViewer 0.9.16 (now uses youtube-dl for video URL extraction)
Hi ruuk,
first - thanks for all your work. Smile
I'm really interested in the youtube-dl thing. I'm using 2 (self written) addons to watch youtube and dailymotion videos.
Currently, I'm using the youtube/dailymotion addon for playback.

It would be great, if I can use script.module.youtube.dl for url resolving instead of using the youtube plugin.
There are a lot of addons that could use it. For example, youtube playback is currently broken, but youtube-dl has already fixed the problem.
So, if I could use your script, I would be able to watch youtube videos again. While using the youtube plugin, I need to wait for a fixed version (which could take some time).

Could you please give me some examples on how to update your script.module.youtube.dl to the latest version,
and also an example on how to resolve urls with it would be great.

I guess, a lot of addon developers could make use of it...

Thanks,
triomaes

Add this to your addon.xml to use the latest version. You will need to update this for new versions of the addon because I'm not sure module addons will update otherwise. If you could test this out with your addon and all is well, I will submit this to the official repository. I've only really had my own testing and I would like someone else's feedback before I submit.
To get the latest version initially, it might be easier to download the addon and install it manually. https://ruuks-repo.googlecode.com/svn/tr....519.1.zip

Code:
<import addon="script.module.youtube.dl" version="14.519.1"/>

Getting playable streams:

Code:
import YDStreamExtractor
YDStreamExtractor.disableDASHVideo(True) #XBMC only plays the video for DASH streams, so you don't want these normally. Of course these are the only 1080p streams on YouTube

url = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVv9dx88x0" #a youtube ID will work as well and of course you could pass a dailymotion url
vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(url,quality=1) #quality is 0=SD, 1=720p, 2=1080p and is a maximum
stream_url = vid.streamURL() #This is what XBMC will play

For sites that can have multiple streams (ie different trailers for the same video URL) you would use:

Code:
choices = []
if vid.hasMultipleStreams():
    for s in vid.streams():
        title = s['title']
        choices.append(title)
    index = some_function_asking_the_user_to_choose(choices)
    vid.selectStream(index) #You can also pass in the the dict for the chosen stream
stream_url = vid.streamURL()

Also:

Code:
#This will return True if the URL points (probably) to a video without actually fetching all the stream info.
YDStreamExtractor.mightHaveVideo(url)

And to download a video:

Code:
import YDStreamUtils
import YDStreamExtractor
YDStreamExtractor.disableDASHVideo(True)

url = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVv9dx88x0"
vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(url,quality=1)
path = "/directory/where/we/want/the/video"

with YDStreamUtils.DownloadProgress() as prog: #This gives a progress dialog interface ready to use
    try:
        YDStreamExtractor.setOutputCallback(prog)
        result = YDStreamExtractor.downloadVideo(vid,path)
        if result:
            #success
            full_path_to_file = result.filepath
        elif result.status != 'canceled':
            #download failed
            error_message = result.message
    finally:
        YDStreamExtractor.setOutputCallback(None)

PS: When I do submit this to the official repository, I will update the core to the latest youtube-dl version. I'll also start a support thread for the addon and in the future I will update the core every so often, or earlier if someone requests it because there is a fix or something else is needed from a new version.

PSS: YDStreamExtractor.py has some documentation for the functions if you need more detail.
WOW! Thanks a lot for the quick and detailed answer. Big Grin You really mentioned everything I may need to know.
I'll test it out tomorrow and give you some feedback.

(2014-06-23, 20:42)ruuk Wrote: PS: When I do submit this to the official repository, I will update the core to the latest youtube-dl version. I'll also start a support thread for the addon and in the future I will update the core every so often, or earlier if someone requests it because there is a fix or something else is needed from a new version.
Also great news. Smile

(2014-06-23, 20:42)ruuk Wrote: PSS: YDStreamExtractor.py has some documentation for the functions if you need more detail.
I'll have a look at it. Thanks again...
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Totally forgot to give you some feedback.
Everything worked perfectlySmile! Would be nice if you can add it to the repo and keep it updated.
thanks again
Hi ruuk,
I just discovered your script.module.youtube.dl. I knew youtube-dl before, but never thought of porting it to a xbmc module.
It's too cool to be true. Big Grin Currently 270 supported sites/services. I'm maintaining over 100 addons and it would be awesome if I could let youtube-dl handle most of the playback stuff.
It would save me a lot of time...

I just had a look at youtube-dl again: There are daily updates availabe. Because of that, it would be useful to automatically (daily) update the module to the xbmc.org repo somehow.
Currently, youtube is doing a lot of changes. Many of my addons are using the youtube addon atm and are sometimes broken because of that.
It would also be handy for the youtube addon itself.

I would suggest to directly create an own support thread (even before publishing it to the xbmc.org repo), so that this sweet gem could get discovered by more addon developers.
Btw: I gave it a quick try and everything was working fine...

Thanks for your great work Smile
(2014-07-27, 16:41)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hi ruuk,
I just discovered your script.module.youtube.dl. I knew youtube-dl before, but never thought of porting it to a xbmc module.
It's too cool to be true. Big Grin Currently 270 supported sites/services. I'm maintaining over 100 addons and it would be awesome if I could let youtube-dl handle most of the playback stuff.
It would save me a lot of time...
That's great. I figured it would be useful to others, and that's part of the reason I decided to make it as a module rather than just adding it to my addons.
(2014-07-27, 16:41)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I just had a look at youtube-dl again: There are daily updates availabe. Because of that, it would be useful to automatically (daily) update the module to the xbmc.org repo somehow.
Currently, youtube is doing a lot of changes. Many of my addons are using the youtube addon atm and are sometimes broken because of that.
It would also be handy for the youtube addon itself.
The module is designed so that new versions of youtube-dl can be dropped in without modification. I'm pretty sure I could make it so that the youtube-dl core could be updated by the user or set automatically update. I don't think the XBMC addon team will want to have the actual addon get daily version updates, and I don't think daily updates is necessarily a good idea, but giving the user the option to update the core or set it to auto-update would be good I think. Perhaps by default, on playback errors the module could ask if they would like to update the core.
(2014-07-27, 16:41)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I would suggest to directly create an own support thread (even before publishing it to the xbmc.org repo), so that this sweet gem could get discovered by more addon developers.
Btw: I gave it a quick try and everything was working fine...

Thanks for your great work Smile
I'll create a support thread soon. I'd like to submit it to the main repository before I add any youtube-dl core updating functionality so that it's actually useful, and also I don't know how long I'll take to implement the additions. As it is only on my repository right now, it is really only generally useful to me.

I've got family visiting this week, so I'll be busy, but I should be able to get started after that. In the meantime, I'll try to get the support thread up.
Information 
I've created a support thread for the youtube-dl module addon HERE.
a few days ago I was trying forum browser addon. And I think I have discovered a version miss match or something being slightly broken in your repository Ruuk.
Your repository does not offer youtube.dl addon for installation and while trying to download forum browser addon it can't be installed because of missing dependencies. Forum browser started working for me after I have manually downloaded and installed youtube.dl.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5