NOTHING works?
So far, every program I've downloaded comes up with "Error Script Failed!" That's happened when I tried loading Youtube, Google Reader, and the Family Guy. Solutions?
maybe you should tell what you're talking about ?
An hour ago, I downloaded XBMC thinking that it had great potential, especially to replace Windows Media Center on my Win7 Starter-running netbook. I did full install, let it run, then started it up. After looking around, I went to the "SVN Repo Installer" and installed Youtube and Family Guy from video plugins, and Google Reader from Programs. All of them, when I try to access them, give me a message: "Error Script Failed! (name of addon)" It annoyed me that all 3 didn't work. Any solutions to fixing them?
What version of XBMC are you running? I would suggest trying Dharma Beta 4 and installing bluecops addon repository. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=bluecop

This will let you install Hulu and several other sources. All the details for installing/using his addon is listed in the link above.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Not sure.... how might I find that out?
Downloading the Dharma Beta 4 installer... Should I uninstall XBMC before installing that?
Okay, installed Dharma Beta 4, bluecops addon repository, and Hulu. Unfortunately, most of the videos I try in Hulu come up with:
What now?
Enable debug logging and post your debug log. Details on how to do this is my signature.
http://pastebin.com/Lu4sK3bw
If that helps.
Ready to deem this a program too buggy to be worth it. Anyone care to prove me wrong?
chickenmatt5 Wrote:Ready to deem this a program too buggy to be worth it. Anyone care to prove me wrong?

no.

(but I've been a happy XBMC user for many years)
Where did you get the Hulu addon? As far as I can see it isn't in the XBMC.org addon repository?

If the problem is just with the Hulu addon then it may be "too buggy to be worth it" but that isn't true of XBMC.

JR
Even still, downloading beta software and not expecting it to be "buggy" is problematic.

Stop being so quick to write off xbmc. Spend some time to learn what it does (a lot more than WMC) and you will be rewarded.

EDIT: A better place to discover the problem in the Hulu addon would be here.
BlueCop suggests enabling login? or showing him your log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOTHING works?0