moving file locations and avoiding reimporting
Hey guys

This is such a basic question, I feel like I should be apologizing, but I'm just not finding the right results. Or picking my search terms properly, I guess.

Anyways, I've recently outgrown some dedicated disks, so I've been forced to add some drives and partition my collection a bit. (Added a separate 'archives' 2TB drive, to start).

I don't want to re-import these unless I have to. Is there a way to get XBMC to just detect the fact that , it knew about these files in f:\videos\tv , and it should still know about them in f:\videos\archive ?

What would be the sequence of events to get those files recognized in their new location? (without re-importing, losing watched info, possibly having to play with the scraper).

Also, is there any way to list files that don't have an entry in the library? Orphans, I guess you could call it ?

thanks for your patience,
bluenote Wrote:Hey guys

This is such a basic question, I feel like I should be apologizing, but I'm just not finding the right results. Or picking my search terms properly, I guess.

Anyways, I've recently outgrown some dedicated disks, so I've been forced to add some drives and partition my collection a bit. (Added a separate 'archives' 2TB drive, to start).

I don't want to re-import these unless I have to. Is there a way to get XBMC to just detect the fact that , it knew about these files in f:\videos\tv , and it should still know about them in f:\videos\archive ?

What would be the sequence of events to get those files recognized in their new location? (without re-importing, losing watched info, possibly having to play with the scraper).

Also, is there any way to list files that don't have an entry in the library? Orphans, I guess you could call it ?

thanks for your patience,

I put a suggestion in the general forum to put this function in the XBMC File Manager but to my knowledge the only way to do what you want is by directly editing the database. I remember seeing a how to in the XBMC wiki but it was for an older version. I've moved a lot of movies and TV Series around and usually wind up letting XBMC rescan them then run the Clean Library function to get rid of the old entries. I then have to in and try to remember what I watched and mark them. Maybe someone skilled in SQL and Python file operations will write an addon to do it. I could do it in VB but then it would be Windows only which is not what XBMC is all about.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving file locations and avoiding reimporting0