Large disk with many files, I can only see the root directory
Hello,

I have just purchased a Foxconn NT-330I-A-B-NA-A NVIDIA ION, put 2Gb of memory in it and installed XBMC 9.11 live. I first burned the ISO file to a CD, connected a USB CD drive to the Foxconn, plugged a 8Gb flashdrive, booted from the live CD and installed XBMC to the flashdrive (it has an ext4 filesystem). I then boot the Foxconn from the flashdrive and connect a USB mouse to control it. I have a 1Tb USB disk (ext3 filesystem) with all my pictures, videos and music in it. When I connect the 1Tb disk, XBMC shows only the root directory and I can't go inside them. I click on the folder names but nothing happens. I can browse the contents of another flashdrive and play the files there with no problems.

Is there a limit to the size of the disk that can be connected or the number of media files in it? I have tons of files with pictures, videos and music. I thought maybe XBMC was indexing it or something so I left it running overnight, but when I came back in the morning, still same thing. In fact the disk led was off indicating inactivity. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks in advance
Permissions?
Also you will want to change the version of xbmc you are using. 9.11 doesn't support hardware acceleration so you wont get hd playback. Install dharma4 beta, or better yet try openelec.tv on it. Its the quickest and easiest way to get a simple xbmc appliance up and running.
Well, I definitely want hardware acceleration (I wonder if that's why my ION was getting so hot) and HD playback so I'm downloading Dharma4 right now Smile

What's good about openelec.tv? What I understood from its website is that it's basically a lightweight OS to install XBMC on top of. Why would I want to do that instead of burning a live XBMC image and booting from it?
If this is purely going to be for xbmc, you can't beat openelec.tv. Its quick and simple to install, very lightweight, has a tiny installation and everything just works.

I love xbmclive too, but it can still require a bit of setup to get it working properly especially for new users. The choice is yours as they say - it certainly wont hurt to try it.
FishOil Wrote:Permissions?

Bingo!
Thanks, man. I feel like an idiot for not thinking about that (permissions were 644). I'm actually amazed that you thought about that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large disk with many files, I can only see the root directory0