Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals for HTPC and XBMC
Tcalp Wrote:Also a 5 Bay 3.5" eSATA Enclosure / Storage System (includes PCIe Card for computer)[/url]
- $129.99

Very Nice..... I wish 5-bay NAS's were at that price point.
I know you guys have already checked out the deals but I wish I was building a New XBMC box but trying to get my server going now cause the deals are crazy

so another deal that Im jealous about for you guys...lol

Geforce 210.....$9.99 after MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130536
WE ALL WE GOT
2TB Western Digital external drive at Target for $60
spencers Wrote:2TB Western Digital external drive at Target for $60

stores only Sad
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815327005

Should I try to use this with my backend unraid server, XBMC, and my Revo 3610?
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
So, went out and bought 2 2TB external WDs from Target.

Just finished opening them up and low and behold, one of the drives is a WD2001FASS Caviar Black!

Fantastic price at $69 for the retail cost of #179.99 on newegg right now.... Smile

I am still riding high and ecstatic!
dreaming.haze Wrote:So, went out and bought 2 2TB external WDs from Target.

Just finished opening them up and low and behold, one of the drives is a WD2001FASS Caviar Black!

Fantastic price at $69 for the retail cost of #179.99 on newegg right now.... Smile

Are those the WD Element external drives? I bought a 1.5 Tb one from Dell several months back and I love it. No front lights so it looks stylish sitting on the shelf of my TV console next to my HTPC. I've filled it about 2/3s so far, but won't start thinking about getting another one until it hits about 250 GBs free. I hate wall-warts so the fewer I can get away with, the better.

Coog
Coogan Wrote:Are those the WD Element external drives? I bought a 1.5 Tb one from Dell several months back and I love it. No front lights so it looks stylish sitting on the shelf of my TV console next to my HTPC. I've filled it about 2/3s so far, but won't start thinking about getting another one until it hits about 250 GBs free. I hate wall-warts so the fewer I can get away with, the better.

Coog

Yes, those are the element drives.
I currently have two 1TB ones. They run great, but they do get quite hot at some points.
maddog808 Wrote:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815327005

Should I try to use this with my backend unraid server, XBMC, and my Revo 3610?

Woah. That is tempting even though I have one.

Now that a TVheadend driver exists, it is now great for XBMC. Put TVheadend on the Revo, not the Unraid box.

Tcalp Wrote:also pretty good for *some* peoples HTPC
LG WH10LS30K 10X Blu-ray Burner - 3D BR / LightScribe Support - $69.99

Also a 5 Bay 3.5" eSATA Enclosure / Storage System (includes PCIe Card for computer)
- $129.99

Thanks for the heads up on the 5 bay enclosure! I was right about to pull the trigger on that puppy at full price. I was running out of room on my WHS box.
dreaming.haze Wrote:So, went out and bought 2 2TB external WDs from Target.

The two I pulled out were EARS. I thought they were going to be EADS. Nice job pulling the black drive.
poofyhairguy Wrote:Put TVheadend on the Revo, not the Unraid box.

So, could I bother you with some step by step instructions, or a link to how this is done? I trust you, as you haven't steered me wrong yet. Wink

Matt
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
ion_man Wrote:Black Friday, Cyber what??!!

This is a global forum with most users from all over the world, I don't think posting a whole thread with US specific sales promos is appropriate here, there are better forums for that, like AVSforum which is a US forum.

Also better make sure you don't post any affiliate links here as that's against the forum rules.

You're kidding right? You dont want Americans to get a good deal that you cant?

Dont read this thread if you dont like it. I came in to find a deal.

Fuck off!
Small Wireless N 300 Mbs USB adapter.

$6.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833130066

Works with linux.
maddog808 Wrote:So, could I bother you with some step by step instructions, or a link to how this is done? I trust you, as you haven't steered me wrong yet. Wink

Matt

I haven't got it completely figured out yet. Anything involving the PVR branch currently (and ATSC) is a little painful. When I get it worked out I hope to post a guide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals for HTPC and XBMC1