IONITX-B-E system fan control
Hello,

this is not strictly a XBMC related issue, but people here are quite knowledgeable.

I am using a IONITX-B-E in conjunction with Ubuntu 10.10 and wonder why I cannot control the fans, neither the system nor the CPU fan.

Is there no PWM hardware on the motherboard to do that?

Is there no ACPI interface in the hardware the OS can talk to?

Is it not yet supported in Ubunut 10.10?

I am looking forward to some hints.

Kind regards,
peter
I can't really help you out on this but I'm going to subscribe to this in hopes that someone will come along with the answer. My machine cruses along with the fans going at full blast. I've been thinking about purchasing a passive cooling system but if I can control the fan speed that would be even better.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Hello,
I installed lm-sensors, ran sensors-detect, have the required kernel modules, and when I run "sensors" I only see temperature readinds, both from CPU and GPU.

If I run "pwmconfig" ubuntu tells me that I do not have any PWM capable sensor modules installed. This might be true, if the motherboard does not allow software controlled PWM. I would think, however, that it could be.

On the other hand, I have got a ASRock X58 supercomputer at work running Ubuntu 10.04, installed lm-sensors, and pwmconfig too says that it cannot find any PWM capable devices. But I am sure this computer has.

I would need to know from Zotac what is the controller that does the PWM, how can I reach it and how can I program it.

Cheers,
peter
says somebody on Zotac's technical forum:
http://www.zotacusa.com/forum/topic/3707...n-control/

peter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IONITX-B-E system fan control0