DialogSelect.xml file of Alaska.Revisted
I have strange looking displays under Alaska.Revisted when using the DialogSelect.xml file, when selecting an image (for example). This is how it look like:

- We have the debug bar on the top (even if the debug mode is not activated). It not have to be here I think.
- The debug bar indicate DialogKaiToast.xml as file instead of DialogSelect.xml. But... maybe it is normal.
- The Dialog title ("Picture information") is not displayed (see 1st screen below)
- Unselected images do not show any thumbnails (not useful then you want to visually select an image)
- Selected images are all zoomed and squared (even if image are large or tall). Result display could be great for icons display, but not for other image formats.
- Finally transparency of the Dialog background seems higher than for other Dialog displays (see 2nd screen below).

To compare, here it is what it look like using Confluense skin :

This one is to show the difference of background transparency for the DialogSelect.xml file.

Hitcher, I'm sure you are really busy, but do you think it will be possible for you to fix some of those display problems? Huh
- We have the debug bar on the top (even if the debug mode is not activated). It not have to be here I think.
I checked the include condition and it's the same as every other XML and doesn't appear for me using the Select Dialog.

- The debug bar indicate DialogKaiToast.xml as file instead of DialogSelect.xml. But... maybe it is normal.
DialogKaiToast is shown over DialogSelect because that's running (it's the 'Launcher' label part).

- The Dialog title ("Picture information") is not displayed (see 1st screen below)
That label (id="1" Heading label) is auto filled by XBMC but for some reason Confluence has the 'Picture Information' string id in there (check other skins and they'll also show nothing) so this is an XBMC bug.

- Unselected images do not show any thumbnails (not useful then you want to visually select an image)
That's just the way I designed it - other skins are the same.

- Selected images are all zoomed and squared (even if image are large or tall). Result display could be great for icons display, but not for other image formats.
Again by design and other skins do the same.

- Finally transparency of the Dialog background seems higher than for other Dialog displays (see 2nd screen below).
I've adjusted the transparency for the next update.
Ok... I have used the last version of Alaska.Revisited (1.8.3) to re-test all of this (without using my launcher MOD). First, thank you for the background transparency correction !!! No the debug bar is not appearing. Hummm... maybe it is due to my MOD I have to check this more closely. Sorry... it was not a problem with your skin. For the other parts, I have checked other skins (select the same game but only change the skin). That is how it look like:

As you see, they all show the "Picture Information" title. If it is a XBMC bug, how can I add or change the title of the DialogSelect.xml box from XBMC (not using skin mod)? Also, thumbnails images on the other skin have all their right aspect/ratio and are all displayed even if they are not selected. I think, that, for a visual selection of images, it will be better to see all the images, in their right aspect/ratio. But, if it is the way you have chosen to display thumbnails images in your skin, no problem, I'm ok with that !!! Wink
I've asked about the label problem and I might redesign the layout to include images for all items but they'll be very small.

Oh, and Rapier doesn't show you any image and Xperience only shows one the same as Alaska. Wink
@angelcry:

as you've been using my hack to do that, you can fix it in python part, just grab the control id then use set label.

I haven't done it because, was not necessary for what i need, and had problem with some skins (maybe wasn't related to that part i think now).

try it, if you don't success, come back to me, i'll check that Wink
Just pushed a change if you could let me know how it works for you.
I will try to grabb the control id then use set label to change and display a custom DialogSelect.xml box title. Sorry for the drawback.
I just saw the last version of Alaska.Revisted and your improvement of the DialogSelect box display. Thank you very much !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DialogSelect.xml file of Alaska.Revisted0