New Media Flags for NIGHT
UPDATE 2010-11-30

here is an update for version 1.1, additional CLEAR-PACK without any frames & backgrounds:

Update:
  • additional CLEAR-PACK
  • some cosmetic things on codec flags
  • erase/change some colors
  • solid lfe square for audio channel flags
  • alternativ audio channel flags with speaker icon ***
  • align 1080 flag to the rest
  • alternative aspect ratio flags, for ex. "16:9", "21:9", "SCOPE", "WIDE" ***
  • some cosmetic things on rating flags
  • create non-colored rating flags

*** for using the alternative flags, you have only to change the namig of each subfolder: aspectratio <-> alt. aspectratio and/or audio <-> alt. audio.
in each folder you can find the full number of flags!

here, version 1.1 of the new flag set:

COLOR FLAG SET:

GREY FLAG SET:

To get the flag pack, please use the following link: (link is dead?! Please sent me a pn)

N E W F L A G P A C K - C O L O R F L A G S E T

N E W F L A G P A C K - G R E Y F L A G S E T

Special Feature - Clear flag pack color & grey without any frames and background:

N E W F L A G P A C K - C L E A R F L A G S E T

Need YOUR help!!!

To complete the pack, please tell me wich flag is missing; please also tell me you opinion, your requests or all other tells!

What do you think about the alternativ audio an aspectratio packs?!
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
Very Nice Flags ... good work!
I don't use night, am planning on giving The Carmichael a good try though, but have to say they are really nice flags.
Sorry but you break the first rule of icons: readability. Its just way way to much stuff going on in 100x70px
thanx for your posts...

but what about readability?! the only thing is on the 5.1 flag... all other things are not smaller than on other flags! but thx for leave that destructive opinion... Rolleyes

EDIT:

about readability... here is the overview with nativ flag size:

You are right, the 5.1 flag is not optimal and i will redo it!
But you are not right about the rest... they are all readable... and the most important thing is, that are original logos, not freestyle logos!

Constructive, not destructive Wink He has a point though, for instance on the original 5.1 and 4:3 icons it's much easier to see what they represent at a glance, especially from a distance. But it's your work, so do whatever you like the best Smile
I like alot post a download link when done...

On German rating flag, your call, it was meant for the spacing and color of the American Rating flags. I think a white rating flag would work best but dont know if it'll work with your country's flags....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Danielocean Wrote:but what about readability?!
move away from the screen a tad and you'll see that hddvd dissapears, 1080 becomes yellow blur and the shaded ones blends more with the background.
good work
thats more constructive Wink incredible, it is possible! Wink

the prob on hddvd is the color... here i have to redo... thx
on 1080, thats the logo and i dont want to change a logo - never do that!
and about the shade, here i will also redo the colors...

as i said, that is the first tryout, not more... but i think they are more right than the current set... i think a logo has to be a logo, nothing else... and where we have no logo, it should be like a logo, like the 5.1 with known elements...

will post the second try in a view hours...

I can see the flags Night uses right now just fine, as long as they stay sort of the same I dont think you'll have a problem..

Though I need to see them in 'real time' to get a better sense of readability...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
@Danielocean, How u change ur skin? I have some problems, like the picture above and i´m interesting in adding the dvd/bluray icon but at default it not works:

Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
do you use a folder for each movie?! or do you have only one folder for movies?!

Very nice work mate.
yep, one folder for each. Most of them Dvd(Audio_ts Video_ts) and bluray(mkv), but each movie have a folder.
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media Flags for NIGHT1