New Media Flags for NIGHT
new update!
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
Great work, I will definitely use them.
i like the speaker setup for audio channels. the full hd 1080 ain't a official logo but a logo thats used by the audio\vidoe companies. the official logo (iso) is hd ready 1080 (at least thats what i've learned).

about dl link. what about using git? they do that on the studio flags. not sure how git upload works, but guess someone here does Big Grin
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
wait for a statment from mcborzu... maybe he will implement them directly in night...

about the 1080 logo... you can find it on the most bluray discs cover back side... i hav about 150bd's more tha 100 have this logo... but i know, the official logo is hd ready, but not spacial for 1080, thats also the logo for 720... so i think it is a good way to use the 1080 logo, an for 720, 576, 540, 480 ive made the logos similar the 1080...

720 Image
1080 Image

i like these Big Grin
I keep going back and forth in my head on these...

1. I think it might be better to keep same look for 720/1080 as the other resolution flags:
HD
2. The sound, those dotted boxes are barely visible, might just be better to just go with the number
3. Anyways I put them into Night to get some more feedback, easy to revert if I want...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
if you want, i can change the 1080/720 an take the logos zwat posted before...

about the audio channel logos... i think it is not so important to see each detail; its easy to see the 5.1, 7.1... an the dotted boxes are kind of a logo... but you dont have to see each dot, the "5.1" is big an clear enough... i think only 5.1 is a little bit boring...

But for all: would be proud to be responsable for nativ night flags... and this pack is only the beginning... want to work on them... should be the best set for the best skin... and maybe one time we can get it... but i need your help, your feedback... but would be great to have a bit artistic freedom Wink

about feedback.... whats your favourite set, "grey", "half-color" or "color"?!? for nativ implementation, which style for color: half or full?!

my vote goes for half color and gray.

about 720 and 1080. i like ur 720 flag and if u do 1080 in same style\font it would be awesome too. the official logos i posted sadly has different size so urs actually better in my eyes (if u remove the ugly 1080 font)

actually i would love to get my hands on ur template so i could make em without background Big Grin mix it with the version i got made from the other mediacenter.
How do i get them to appear, i downloaded the file and extracted the directories in my media folderHuh?
The square in the middle of the diagrams looks like a smudge, make it solid at least. Just to give you some ideas, instead of the diagram you could use a grid with tiles that are filed, I tried some variants and this are the ones that i think came better:

ImageImageImageImage

The full grid is kind of cramped and they still could use some fine tuning, some examples, nothing else. Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced of the use of something else apart of the numbers for the audio, anyway I can always edit the flag, erase the "logo" and center the numbers.

Also, I feel the same as zwat about the 1080 logo, make it like the 720p. The transparent flagin that zwat mention was one of the first things I thought when I saw your flags. It would be fun to have your template just to play around as Zwat requested.

As a personal request would love the Bluray disc logo in blue and the letters in white, and the DVD logo in Blue and video in white.

I`ve chosen the half colored flags but replaced the Flac/Flash/3gp colored and the 1080p gray.

P.D.: I already took the liberty to add them to my MOD GiT.
Oh, one thing that was making them look bad was my code isn't the correct ratio so they were being squished...I now adjusted the code so the ratio is correct and they look much better, updated git with the change...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I personally hate the new flags. way to much going on with them. they should be kept simple. also i find seeing 1.78:1 very confusing. I would much rather see 16:9 instead.
mcborzu Wrote:Oh, one thing that was making them look bad was my code isn't the correct ratio so they were being squished...I now adjusted the code so the ratio is correct and they look much better, updated git with the change...

hope u did like i did in my includecodecflagging and did a flagsize where u can change the ratio one place for all flags. could do flagsize1 and flagsize2 if more than one size is needed.
Thanks for all you statements!!!

@ zwat:
thx, i will do that 1080 logo in 720 style... can understand cause the 720, 576 etc flags are more simple and easy....

@KiSUAN:
thx for the grid idea... but i think it looks more crowdy and confusing... but you are absolutly right with the square in the middle! But your idea sais me to think about the sound flags Wink but only the number, i think that is too boring...
the 1080 logo will be changed, i also thing about an new half-color flash flag... and the BD logo, yes your right... but dvd, no this logo has no color...
and of course, feel free to use them for your MOD- makes me proud!

@xmurrx:
thx, but "hate" is a very hard word... thank you for strongly criticize in this way my work!
my intension to create some new flags is to fit to night: clean and easy, good recognition cause using known logos - but not boring and stupid!
i dont like the simple numbers and non-consequent color design, there are 3 of 6 flags on my screen in that too-easy colored numbers...
i think, a small and known sign in combination with easy to read numbers, i still clean but not boring - so it fits perfectly to night!

but in the end, mcborzu can und will choose his favourite flag set... so i can only offer an alternative... and think is is not the worst think to think about an improvement...

UPDATE Version 1.1 2010-11-22 UPDATE

Version 1.1 2010-11-22 on first Page

UPDATE Version 1.1 2010-11-22 UPDATE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media Flags for NIGHT1