New Media Flags for NIGHT
sounds great. never liked the background and border. not a big fan of the blue tint on the flags either. i said before i liked ur hd ready 720 and wanted the same on 1080, but didn't notice it said full hd 1080. since the official logo is hd ready 1080 i think it should be changed. i see that tv and movies use full hd 1080 but this is not the standard and don't have the requirements the hd ready 1080 standard have. tnx for the template btw. gonna see if i have skills enough to fix this full hd \ hd ready thingy Big Grin
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:sounds great. never liked the background and border. not a big fan of the blue tint on the flags either.
you complain about little things... for nativ NIGHT you need a backgroud... and the blue tint - i think - is better than the boring white letters... and its more than an shine effect than a real blue tint... Wink

zwat Wrote:i said before i liked ur hd ready 720 and wanted the same on 1080, but didn't notice it said full hd 1080. since the official logo is hd ready 1080 i think it should be changed. i see that tv and movies use full hd 1080 but this is not the standard and don't have the requirements the hd ready 1080 standard have.
nope... there is a difference between 720 and 1080... so for me 1080 is "full" and 720 is only "ready"... my 1080 logo looks like the used 1080 logo on most bluray covers... so i dont will do an "HD ready 1080" logo... cause if i you the official standard, there will be no difference between 720 and 1080, so the all call "hd reday"... and everybody knows what is "full hd"
If you dont like it, make it by yourself!

zwat Wrote:tnx for the template btw. gonna see if i have skills enough to fix this full hd \ hd ready thingy Big Grin
if you have more to niggle i will activate the template-self-destruction Wink
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
i know the background and border are default on night flags, but looks like shit when u add the studio flag that does not have background and borders. Big Grin

cut from wikipedia ->
Similarity, labels which are used by the industry but not formally defined as a standard such as "Full HD" can be misleading, as they can refer to any 1080i or 1080p devices which typically do not fulfill all requirements defined in HD ready 1080p specifications.

i'll disconnect the computer with template so u can't execute the self-destruct code Tongue
How to say "Klugscheißer" in English?!

cut from wiki... and you mean that is the right one?! Please, spare me about such things that should be "wrong" or "right"... on most of my bluray discs you can fing the golden "Full HD 1080" logo... strange that this is so extremely "wrong" that you can find it on each second disc...

about HD, there are a lot of logos outside... some are wrong, some are right... but not all well known logos are right... i prefere well known logos... and i prefere the logos which i can find on original bd and dvd covers...

and dont forget that there is only a really really really official logo for "hd ready" and for hd ready 1080p"!!! But there is no concrete logo fpr "720", "1080", "720i", "720p" or "1080i"... so i thing it is the best solution to choose logos for separate "720" and "1080", an to ignore "i" or "p"! and the "hd ready" logo is not similar fpr "720", also 768 lines are "hd ready"...

If you have a really really really official logos for "1080" and "720", you can post them and will think about taking over to my flag set...

otherwise i hope this discussion abour HD flags is now over...

hi, i've replaced the flags in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/media/flagging with the ones in the pack - but can't get them to show, the old flags still showing, do i need to do something else?
thanks
normally not... that should works.... do you replace each logo, or do you replace the totally folder?! ive used the same naming, so you can replace the folders... maybe you have to refresh the database... or switch the skin to an other one and then back to night again...

logictester Wrote:hi, i've replaced the flags in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/media/flagging with the ones in the pack - but can't get them to show, the old flags still showing, do i need to do something else?
thanks

need to delete Textures.db in

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database
Danielocean Wrote:normally not... that should works.... do you replace each logo, or do you replace the totally folder?! ive used the same naming, so you can replace the folders... maybe you have to refresh the database... or switch the skin to an other one and then back to night again...

i've replaced the entire folders, just droped the folders from the pack instead of the originals.

also tried deleting textures.db - still the same
Danielocean Wrote:UPDATE 2010-11-30

here is an update for version 1.1, additional CLEAR-PACK without any frames & backgrounds:

Update:
  • additional CLEAR-PACK
  • some cosmetic things on codec flags
  • erase/change some colors
  • solid lfe square for audio channel flags
  • alternativ audio channel flags with speaker icon ***
  • align 1080 flag to the rest
  • alternative aspect ratio flags, for ex. "16:9", "21:9", "SCOPE", "WIDE" ***
  • some cosmetic things on rating flags
  • create non-colored rating flags

*** for using the alternative flags, you have only to change the namig of each subfolder: aspectratio <-> alt. aspectratio and/or audio <-> alt. audio.
in each folder you can find the full number of flags!

here, version 1.1 of the new flag set:

COLOR FLAG SET:

GREY FLAG SET:

To get the flag pack, please use the following link: (link is dead?! Please sent me a pn)

N E W F L A G P A C K - C O L O R F L A G S E T

N E W F L A G P A C K - G R E Y F L A G S E T

Special Feature - Clear flag pack color & grey without any frames and background:

N E W F L A G P A C K - C L E A R F L A G S E T

Need YOUR help!!!

To complete the pack, please tell me wich flag is missing; please also tell me you opinion, your requests or all other tells!

What do you think about the alternativ audio an aspectratio packs?!

Just wondering if i can use these in a media manager im creating (crediting you of course in the app its self)

cheers,
OK I'm completely lost with media flags. There is no home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/media/flagging folder in my setup and I can't work out where they're saved for the life of me, system wide searches seem to yield nothing Sad Any ideas?
if u got night from the xbmc addon menu u don't have the media folder. must get the skin from git to play with flags
Got the flags in OK, but they look very pixelated on my screen - I'd usually be on a 1080p screen but am only running 1280x768 atm, will they look fine again when I switch to 1080 you think?
i use 1080 and it look fine...

So I added these custom media flags to ...XBMC/skin/skin.night/media/flagging but can't seem to get them to show.

I edited the IncludesCodecFlagging to include

<include name="VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions">
<control type="image">
<description>Bluray Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/bluray.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<description>WEB Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/web-dl.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,web)</visible>
</control>

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong and give me some direction on how to fix it? I would be really thankful because I really like these flags!
death link
i get
http://lp.downloadsetup.net/?sysid=406&a...11y.C8X000.

scam link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media Flags for NIGHT1