XBMC Windows Keyboard configuration
I have seen others with this issue, but none of the answers I have seen fix it for me.

I am running XBMC Dharma 4 on a Windows 7 box and using an MCE remote.

I would like the up/down/left/right arrows to work on a screen that I believe is called a Virtual Keyboard. It's the screen that comes up when you want to enter a server name, etc. It worked when I was running XBMC Live, but not in the Windows version.

In my %APPDATA%\XBMC\system directory I have added a file called advancedsettings.xml with the following lines:
<advancedsettings>
<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
</advancedsettings>

I have tried adding a section to my keyboard.xml in the %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps:
<VirtualKeyboard>
<keyboard>
<left>CursorLeft</left>
<right>CursorRight</right>
</keyboard>
</VirtualKeyboard>

Here is some output from my xbmc.log:
00:20:30 T:2536 M:738156544 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
00:20:30 T:2536 M:738156544 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings> <navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard> </advancedsettings>

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)
Go to Settings, System, Input devices and enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses". You can delete you userdata keymap as it isn't necessary, and neither is the advancedsettings.xml.

JR
Unbelievable... Thank you SO much! I truly can't believe I wasted so much time trying to figure this out and it was so easy...

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Windows Keyboard configuration0