Emby Add-on Not Streaming after Jarvis Update
Looking for any additional users of Emby that stream their content remotely. I have been using Emby for some time streaming recorded tv, movies video and even live tv with the identical setup. I have made no changes to anything other than updating to Jarvis about a week ago and ever since then the remote streaming of my content in Kodi through the Emby add-on has stopped. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not entirely sure where to post this so I have posted a similar topic in the Emby community forums but I'm looking for users of a similar setup to hopefully have some feedback.
I have finally found what the problem is from the IT manager at my company who is familiar with port forwarding. I'll post the solution here so it might help others.

If you use a ddns to access emby remotely because your IP changes periodically there is one more IP that can change, your internal IP. You will need to permanently assign your internal IP address so that it will never change including the subnet mask and and default gateway. Make these changes to your Ip4 adapter settings and it's fixed. If you need any help getting your subnet mask or default gateway that is where I got info from my companies IT dept, but that is all you will need to change in order to make sure that your internal IP address never changes and your DDNS will work without interruptions as this has happened to me several times in the past and no one has been able to give any assistance on kodi or emby support forums. The typical setting is to automatically obtain an IP which is where the problem can arise. Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emby Add-on Not Streaming after Jarvis Update0