Getting Smart playlist direct on home screen.
Star 
I've created a smart playlist for HD films, linked it to favourites
Added a home screen button called HD films, and linked to the favourite playlist.. If I click on the favourites item, my list movies comes up. But if I click on the home screen button, linking this file... it plays the first film instead of showing me the list... am I missing something?
Anyone having this issue.. it's been answered before.

the next version will have an option to select 'play' or 'browse' for playlists.

for the time being, you can edit custom_DialogFavourites.xml
and change: RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)
to: RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)

after making this change, you need to re-add your playlists to the menu.
Ronie,

Will this feature to allow a playlist to either play or be browsed be applicable to all playlist or will you be able to select one playlist to play and another playlist to be browsed?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Ronie,

Will this feature to allow a playlist to either play or be browsed be applicable to all playlist or will you be able to select one playlist to play and another playlist to be browsed?

Thanks,
Mark

you can play one and browse the other.
just change the setting each time before you add the playlist to the menu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Okay...thanks!
Star 
Looks like a playlist saved in favourites no longer gives a window in favourites, but plays the first. I ensured the custom_DialogFavourites.xml was edited. I did note other changes in that file, so I didn't resort back to the orig file. Is there an an option to select 'play' or 'browse' for playlists yet... I didn't see it in settings... of course I'm half blind.

XBMC V10 RC1 (35325) Transparency! V3.11
PatK Wrote:Looks like a playlist saved in favourites no longer gives a window in favourites, but plays the first. I ensured the custom_DialogFavourites.xml was edited. I did note other changes in that file, so I didn't resort back to the orig file. Is there an an option to select 'play' or 'browse' for playlists yet... I didn't see it in settings... of course I'm half blind.

XBMC V10 RC1 (35325) Transparency! V3.11

In skins settings... go to Home Window and look for the option "Play playlists in submenus"
Star 
gabbott Wrote:In skins settings... go to Home Window and look for the option "Play playlists in submenus"
Thanks for the tip. seems to be working.
This doesn't seem to be working for me.

I can toggle the setting either way, and add the smartplaylist as a favorite in a submenu. It always just plays the playlist, I can't get it to show me the list.

I tried to remove the favorites and add them again, made sure the 'play' toggle setting is off, and add them to the submenu again, no dice.

Any hints?
vinistois Wrote:This doesn't seem to be working for me.

I can toggle the setting either way, and add the smartplaylist as a favorite in a submenu. It always just plays the playlist, I can't get it to show me the list.

I tried to remove the favorites and add them again, made sure the 'play' toggle setting is off, and add them to the submenu again, no dice.

Any hints?

thanx for the heads-up. :-)
should be fixed now in the svn version of Transparency!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
oh sweet an actual bug instead of me just being an idiot Wink

thanks! Your skin rocks. My family is VERY happy. Btw I'm using the smart playlist to create a 'local only' submenu item in movies and TV shows. It eliminates all the streaming content (from icelibrary), for when icefilms is down.

I noticed another skin has an option in the skin settings, when you add a playlist item, you can toggle it from play or list. It's a good way to do it because then the setting is not global, you can have some playlists that just play, and some that list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Smart playlist direct on home screen.0