Music Library - Aeon Showmix Evolution
Dharma Beta 3, Win 7, i5 4gb, 1gb Lan

I am currently re tagging (mp3tag) my music collection for XBMC (it was previously tagged for ps3 use but i'm stopping using that) and last night I came across a couple of things that i couldn't avoid.

1. When music is playing and my slideshow starts (from a photo folder) the track and album cover are pasted across the screen and this wasn't happening a few minutes earlier. I could not find anything in the screensaver/photo/music settings to turn this off. I couldn't work out whether I had accidentally selected something myself to turn it on.

2. In multiplex view under artists I have fanart showing in the background which is fine but the thumbs have been downloaded by xbmc and i'd like to stick with album covers that I have chosen for the thumb pictures (folder.jpg). How do I stop XBMC from automatically downloading thumbs and using them?

3. XBMC has downloaded a couple of extra artist names. I don't need that to happen as I have tagged the artist name the way I want.

Example: 'Neil Young' (XMBC) has then added 'Neil Young and Crazy Horse' to the same album meaning there are two entries for that album. I don't need that and couldn't find a way to delete it!

thanks
1. Don't tested it yet, i'll have a look.

2. You have to choose Thumbs manually. Highlight Artist, Press "C" and choose thumb you want.

3. This happens if you Update Library. I use this Media Manager. Maybe you could give it a try.
thanks for the reply.

I have that media manager so I'll give it a go later.

Would you recommend disabling Library updates?

Just a quick one!

Currently the library is displaying the album name by the folder name and not from the tag. Can I change that?
johnmerrick Wrote:thanks for the reply.

I have that media manager so I'll give it a go later.

Would you recommend disabling Library updates?

Just a quick one!

Currently the library is displaying the album name by the folder name and not from the tag. Can I change that?

If you are in Library Mode it shows up what the Scraper has found. You're sure you're in Library Mode and not Files Mode?

Yes i have disabled Library Updates!
Yes definitely Library mode. Which is better?

Just re-reading the wiki now to get myself more familiar. I have been concentrating on my movie library recently so I need to play around a bit more with the music side.

Would still like to solve the 'album art over slideshow' problem though!
johnmerrick Wrote:Yes definitely Library mode. Which is better?

Just re-reading the wiki now to get myself more familiar. I have been concentrating on my movie library recently so I need to play around a bit more with the music side.

Would still like to solve the 'album art over slideshow' problem though!

Sorry this is your decision. I use both.
All your information helped here thanks. I'm well on my way now. I have kind of settled for the following modes.

Movies - Library Mode
Music - Library Mode (sorted out how to apply thumbs etc) thanks
TV shows - File Mode
Music Videos - File Mode
Glad to hear i could help you.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library - Aeon Showmix Evolution0