• 5(current)
[WIP] Limbus - a new skin for XBMC that I have been working on
bridgman Wrote:I was fooling around with this view today
I noticed not too many studio icons are showing up. My guess is they are not there but I wonder if it is a matter of coding semantics?
changed the view to fit in with limbus moreImage
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I really like this view. I know its not in the current release but I'm gonna try this skin on my xbox!!!!!

I am adding a version in the next upload.

TODO list is to tighten graphics ,clean xmls,and possibly add vertical menu options to home and settings. feel like I am searching to long for links.
also want to add support of banners landscape and logos in all views.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:For some reason it froze mine on startup...HuhHuhHuh

I had to copy the skin.xml file over from another skin and I found that it will freeze unless you delete the sounds in the sounds folder and replace them with different ones from another skin like confluence, I'm using the sounds that someone posted for the kinect.

Then to get the custom extras working you need to open custom_DialogFavourites and replace

"<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=pl ay)</onfocus>"

with

"<onfocus>RunScript(special://skin/scripts/script.favourites/default.py,playlists=play)</onfocus>"

Its quick n dirty but it works great for me!

I would like to see the option to create more custom extra buttons, having one is nice but five would be better!
bridgman Wrote:I am adding a version in the next upload.

Hellz Yeah!
bridgman Wrote:changed the view to fit in with limbus moreImage

I like the comic (title)-font and also the wall-design of the previous concept.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
changed this view
to this
king bongmaster Wrote:I had to copy the skin.xml file over from another skin and I found that it will freeze unless you delete the sounds in the sounds folder and replace them with different ones from another skin like confluence, I'm using the sounds that someone posted for the kinect.

Then to get the custom extras working you need to open custom_DialogFavourites and replace

"<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=pl ay)</onfocus>"

with

"<onfocus>RunScript(special://skin/scripts/script.favourites/default.py,playlists=play)</onfocus>"

Its quick n dirty but it works great for me!

I would like to see the option to create more custom extra buttons, having one is nice but five would be better!

I replaced all the sounds in the sound folder but it again froze my xbox. Looks like I'm S.O.L. on this one. Sad
Here is a new fanart view for the next update of Limbus. I have been trying to tighten things up and add support of a few new features. I think I will put up a new download tomorrow

Disc slides from behind case on focus. Tried rotation animation but never really got it right. So only slides as of now.
Smile
bridgman Wrote:Here is a new fanart view for the next update of Limbus. I have been trying to tighten things up and add support of a few new features. I think I will put up a new download tomorrow

Disc slides from behind case on focus. Tried rotation animation but never really got it right. So only slides as of now.

Looks really good. Can't wait to try this out.
Still very much a work in progress but a little tighter now.

Some new things are:
a library statistics widget
Library statistics on quick browse page
next aired info on most tv views
logos displayed in tv poster views
new graphics
more views for pictures
a few new views for TV and movies

PLANNED FOR NEXT UPDATE

HTE integrationdone
Clean up skin settings section
tweak the widgets
tweak all the pages from home links
add kiosk mode
more attention to music section
basic upkeep

SOME SCREEN SHOTS
Very cool, Downloading now. Any thoughts on including support for the cinema experience script?
Seriously, this is one of the best skins I've ever seen!

Really good readability and also great in speed.
Especially the fonts are good for farer distances or on smaller TVs.
The Animations are looking very quick without interruptions.

Your views are a great experience, for example the fanart-view or the great list views.
(incl. the unique animated cd-cover-feature).

The Quick-Access schema of the home-menu is easy and fast.

Some things which I noticed:

- These Letters are not displayed properly (in title names etc): Ä ä Ü ü Ö ö

- Scrolling bars were n/a, although not a big problem

- Regarding the User-Interface in Movies/TVshow-Menu there is a symbol for Movies/Photos/Xbmc etc (left lower corner), but it was not that easy to access this symbol and then get out of this mode, especially for not that techn. persons.
But the View-Changing (etc., uper part) and Fanart-Hiding-Options (etc., lower part) were alright.

- Because of your skin's nature a kiosk mode (frozen view-types etc.) would be a nice addition.

btw, your skin has some nice gimmicks.
For example, it's fantastic how nice someone could browse the entire library while watching a movie in the background, instead of the fanart.
It simply fits.

bridgman, looking forward for your releases. :-)

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Some things which I noticed:

- These Letters are not displayed properly (in title names etc): Ä ä Ü ü Ö ö

- Scrolling bars were n/a, although not a big problem

- Regarding the User-Interface in Movies/TVshow-Menu there is a symbol for Movies/Photos/Xbmc etc (left lower corner), but it was not that easy to access this symbol and then get out of this mode, especially for not that techn. persons.
But the View-Changing (etc., uper part) and Fanart-Hiding-Options (etc., lower part) were alright.

- Because of your skin's nature a kiosk mode (frozen view-types etc.) would be a nice addition.

btw, your skin has some nice gimmicks.
For example, it's fantastic how nice someone could browse the entire library while watching a movie in the background, instead of the fanart.
It simply fits.

Cheers

I noticed the letter glitch also. That is a new thing. I need to check the fonts and see what is going on. i have several films that titles are looking ugly because of it.

Sorry for not understanding. I 'm not sure what scrolling bars are.

Navigation is a bit rough right now. Usually up goes to top bar and up again will focus the quick nav button scroller in the bottom right hand corner .While the top and bottom bars are focused Left and right will go to the top or bottom. I am going to concentrate on the navigation and Kiosk mode very soon.
I am big fan of kiosk mode just haven't added it yet.

I am also going to have specific views connected to certain links.
Example Comics link will default to ISSUE view and Poster link will default to Pic Poster view

I thought most skins had the video playing in the background that way. I like it because sometimes I realize I am not in the mood for whatever i'm watching and want to browse for something else.

thanks for the encouragement and feedback
It is good to hear from someone who does such good work.
macshield Wrote:Very cool, Downloading now. Any thoughts on including support for the cinema experience script?

It's one of the things I am looking into, but I haven't even used that add-on yet.
Hopefully if things go well it will be in the next update.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Limbus - a new skin for XBMC that I have been working on0