• 8(current)
[WIP] Limbus - a new skin for XBMC that I have been working on
branlr Wrote:Hey Bridgman, this skin is crazy! Great work!

I want to steal some of your ideas for viewing comics, but I am wondering--how can I get the comic book border out of the texture file? Any way you can hook me up?

Also, how is it that you concealed the word "Pictures" in the pictures library and replace it with comics?

I'm trying to add a comics section to another skin, and your implementation is PERFECT!

Heres a link to the border textures. The comic view was my first mod so I was clueless and made the pngs quite large. May take some wrangling to get in to proper place.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sjo9qd0lxyek0b4

Here is the code for the comics page label. Just change the Visible Control number to whatever view you are using.

<control type="group">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(560) </visible>
<animation effect="slide" end="-310,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" ">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="-310,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" >WindowOpen</animation>
<control type="label">
<include>WindowTitleCommons</include>
<label>COMICS</label>
</control>
</control>
bridgman Wrote:Heres a link to the border textures. The comic view was my first mod so I was clueless and made the pngs quite large. May take some wrangling to get in to proper place.

Here is the code for the comics page label. Just change the Visible Control number to whatever view you are using.

<control type="group">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<animation effect="slide" end="-310,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowClose</animation>
<control type="label">
<label>COMICS</label>
</control>
</control>

Thanks! What a nice guy!
I know I am coming a little late but this skin looks incredible. Kudos to the developer for taking time to create this skin and more importantly, improve it. I am looking forward to testing it out.

Question, of my HTPCs is an Atom 525+Ion2 combo. Does anyone know if this skin will work on this setup or does it need more horsepower?
bridgman Wrote:Heres a link to the border textures. The comic view was my first mod so I was clueless and made the pngs quite large. May take some wrangling to get in to proper place.

<control type="group">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<animation effect="slide" end="-310,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" ">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="-310,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" >WindowOpen</animation>
<control type="label">
<label>COMICS</label>
</control>
</control>

So, thanks to you, I have a nice looking comics section! However, I can't figure out how you HID the word "Pictures" -- Right now I am settling to have both but it'd be sweet if I could get rid of it.

Thanks!
tboooe Wrote:I know I am coming a little late but this skin looks incredible. Kudos to the developer for taking time to create this skin and more importantly, improve it. I am looking forward to testing it out.

Question, of my HTPCs is an Atom 525+Ion2 combo. Does anyone know if this skin will work on this setup or does it need more horsepower?

You are not late. I am just now getting the skin near a solid design. There will be an update real soon with a lot of changes. Possibly in the next few days. As the skin is now, things are a bit clunky. There are a some views and other things that will not be there in the next update. I run and test things on a low end dual processor with 3 gigs of ram. It usually runs smooth. If you keep the home screen fairly clean it should run okay. May be a bit slower with recent and random video enabled.
branlr Wrote:So, thanks to you, I have a nice looking comics section! However, I can't figure out how you HID the word "Pictures" -- Right now I am settling to have both but it'd be sweet if I could get rid of it.

Thanks!

you need to add a visible tag to default Pictures label as well
PHP Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(560) </visible
or whatever number your comic view is and that should do it.
The exclamation mark signals it to be hidden.
Bridgman...perhaps I am being a total mental midget so please be gentle... but I cant seem to get your skin to display some of the cool layouts that you have shown throughout this thread. For example, in Movies I cant get the same top level or info view that you show and I cant seem to find options to change it. I checked the settings menu and have all views turned on. When I am in the top level of the Movie section I press up to highlight the view I want to change but I am not given any options that look like the screenshots on this thread. I think the options were Poster, Cable, List, etc. I tried them all and all combinations of the keyboard arrow, Context, Settings, etc. The same goes for TV Shows. Clearly I am missing something....
This skin is spectacular! I use it as my main skin and I can't wait for the next update! Its like everything I always wanted but never quite had.. The only thing I noticed that wasnt quite right is that when I use the spiral view on the home screen pressing down scrolls to the next home item in the spiral but pressing up takes you to the wrong menu item. Is this just me?
tboooe Wrote:Bridgman...perhaps I am being a total mental midget so please be gentle... but I cant seem to get your skin to display some of the cool layouts that you have shown throughout this thread. For example, in Movies I cant get the same top level or info view that you show and I cant seem to find options to change it. I checked the settings menu and have all views turned on. When I am in the top level of the Movie section I press up to highlight the view I want to change but I am not given any options that look like the screenshots on this thread. I think the options were Poster, Cable, List, etc. I tried them all and all combinations of the keyboard arrow, Context, Settings, etc. The same goes for TV Shows. Clearly I am missing something....

I am not sure what is happening. Possibly kiosk mode is enabled or the Hub or home views are causing confusion.The skin is definitely a work in progress so some views in past post may simply not be there. I am releasing an update soon. Maybe this evening. A good deal almost all of those views will not be in the next update and things will be stripped down a bit. There will be more extrafanart and extrathumbs use in the update. A couple of new things also.
New update for LIMBUS many changes.
main change is heavy support of extra art THUMBS and Fanart
a lot of interface changes

http://www.mediafire.com/?e07wsg47g5x50s5

SCREENSHOTS
Home

Home all widgets on movies focused and recently added widget focused

Fanart TV view

home link Genres submenu focused

Combo view thumb is fanart large pic is extra fanart if not available fanart is used

Combo view after 3 second focus extra fanart slides away 4 extrathumbs fade in

bridgman Wrote:Fanart TV view

That big logo you're using is sweet... Are you using standard clear logos to create that? I'm curious how your dealing with some of the stranger sized/aligned images?

Looks great Smile
here is a link to a video showing movie views using extra fanart and extra thumbs
it's a windowed view but still visible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g39QCdUSXFE
blacklist Wrote:That big logo you're using is sweet... Are you using standard clear logos to create that? I'm curious how your dealing with some of the stranger sized/aligned images?

Looks great Smile

I know waht you mean about the alignment. Most of the logos are in the middle like this example but others are near bottom of the black bar or even hang over. I am using the logos downloaded from the script but make my own very quickly when there are not any.Since I make them quickly the quality is not so great or I would share them ,but they line correct. I thought there was a set of standard rules to creating logos and clearat before uploading but a few of them have been way differently aligned than the others. This has caused me to scrap a few ideas for views and infos.

here is a logo and clearat that i could'nt find and made
quality is not to bad

Wolverine logo a little jagged but not so bad at smaller size

Gervais clearart not so bad ,title a little blurry
new next aired, had to peek at Simplicity code to work out how to display the days of the week properly
day focused
show focused
fanart on
a few of the color themes more of a glow than solid color now
red
blue
green
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Limbus - a new skin for XBMC that I have been working on0