weird stuttering w/ATI 4250 on SD h.264 content (DXVA)
First of all, what I'm using:
Dharma b4
AMD Phenom II 550
2gb ram
gigabyte ga-ma785gm-us2h
ATI 4250 w/10.10 catalyst drivers
HDMI to 1920x1080p TV
Windows 7 x64 with all updates as of 11/12/10
full log http://www.pastebin.ca/1990838

Issue:
It seems to be on SD content (both 30fps and 24fps), not my typical 1080p movies, and only h264 using DXVA. Maybe it's related to SD or maybe number of reference frames, haven't found a 1080p movie I have with 16 ref frames. What will happen is, straight from the beginning, the first frame will play, then then next frames will almost tear into it, leaving behind the previous frames, jumping back and forth. It's not really a stutter, very hard to describe. The sound plays fine. Maybe it's almost like a DJ scratching a record, except with video instead of sound, going back and forth between earlier and later in time frames, tearing, and blocking.

Taking off DXVA works stops the problem. Also, instead of ever resolving the problem, I bought a Geforce GT 240, which under DXVA works fine under all situations. I'd like to remove the Geforce and have the ATI take over (trying to lower overall system wattage since it's on all day). I've tried different drivers, different v-sync settings, nothing seems to alleviate the problem. MPC and VLC play it fine with DXVA on.

any help would be great. I would be fine with just turning off DXVA when playing SD content myself, but my girlfriend finds the HTPC overwhelming as it is.

thanks, (btw, I've searched found nothing, maybe missing the wrong search terms)
The log contains lots of decoding errors. It's possible that the GT240 covers up the problems. Try re-encoding the file with known dxva-compatible settings.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weird stuttering w/ATI 4250 on SD h.264 content (DXVA)0