New Member in Backrow Skin
Good evening to all of you from beautiful Greece
Looking around the different nice skins of XBMC i downloaded yesterday this Skin.
Yes is nice and i like to explore it.
Certainly it does not support the Greek language and generally XBMC does not suport the TV cards.
I have some question for the old members.

1. In the main menu there are some small windows i.e Video-Movies-Settings-Pictures-Music e.t.c. Is there any option to put these windows lower and not in the middle of the screen ?
2. In these windows there are some photos on. How can i change these photos ?
3. In Movies menu i can see all my movies in serial. But it does not write how many movies i have in total. Is there any solution ?
4. In my Hard Disk i have 54 movies but when i am in Movies Menu and i count them one by one i see that there are only 48 movies. How can i change this number ?
5. As i wrote before this Skin does not support the Greek Language. But the Confluence can do it. if i copy the Language from Confluence and i transfer it into Backrow you think that i will see the Greek letters ?

Sorry if my English is not good enough and i thank you all for the attention..
Hi SALAMINOMACHOS

Here you go:

1. In Skin Options there is a setting that can make the home menu bar smaller or simplified - they are the only options you can change.

2. Those photos can be changed if you download the SVN version of the skin and manually change them in the skin's media folder.

3. I don't currently use the "number of movies" label in any of the movie views - I have never bothered about that. I might add it somewhere if people want it.

4. Maybe not all of them have been scanned into the library correctly.

5. You would need to change the Font settings to Arial under settings/appearance.

The skin does use some of it's own language strings. I don't have many translations for this. I really should try and get more. If you or anyone else would be kind enough to supply other language translations for this file I would happily add them to the skin.
Sharpe Wrote:Hi SALAMINOMACHOS

Here you go:

1. In Skin Options there is a setting that can make the home menu bar smaller or simplified - they are the only options you can change.

2. Those photos can be changed if you download the SVN version of the skin and manually change them in the skin's media folder.

3. I don't currently use the "number of movies" label in any of the movie views - I have never bothered about that. I might add it somewhere if people want it.

4. Maybe not all of them have been scanned into the library correctly.

5. You would need to change the Font settings to Arial under settings/appearance.

The skin does use some of it's own language strings. I don't have many translations for this. I really should try and get more. If you or anyone else would be kind enough to supply other language translations for this file I would happily add them to the skin.
Tks for your reply. here we are.
1. Now yes i like it.
2. I do not know what is the SVN and if i download it where can i put it?
3. The summary of the movies is very useful i saw that in NIGHT/SKIN
4. i do not think is problem of scanner because when i am in VIDEO STATUS i have created some folders in my hard disk i.e DRAMA-ACTION-WESTERN-CRIME e.t.c and overthere it counts correctly the number of the movies.Just to help you is exactly the opposite if the list shows more movies than in our hard disk and then we go to VIDEOS/LIBRARY/Clean library...
5. i changed the fonts in Arial but nothing because you did not create the Greek language.

The last one you asked me for the language i can not help you because i am not so expert with these things.Unless you give me the words in English and then i can translate them into Greek.

In Skin Option / Wallpaper there are some nice things.I have already changed the Setmenu backround image but i can not change the rest i.e for Videos/Movies e.tc.

And one more thing pls.When i use the ADD SOURCE to add all my downloaded videos in FLV or AVI it can not find all of them but only few of them.Then when it adds them i can see the folders/pictures of the videos but the player can not reproduse them.

By the chance i want to thank you for your reply and for excellent job you are all doing there.
Cheers!

1. Cool - I'm glad you like it.

2. The best way would be to install the SVN version of the skin via the Passion Add-On Repository - Linky. Then you can alter the uncompressed images in the skin's media folder.

3. Okay I might add it.

4. Not really a skin issue - try posting that in a more general help part of the forum.

5. Try this:

The String file I posted here contains English language words that are used by the skin - if you can translate them to Greek and let me have your translations I can add them to the skin.
@ SHARPE

Good morning from cloudy Greece today

1. The Greek language is on my screen now. Perfect and i thank you.But there are only two faults. In the Home menu in the small windows you write " ΤΑΙΝ'ΙΕς ΜΟΥΣ'ΙΚΗ ΡΥΘΜ'ΙΣΕΙς etc. Where is the fault. Wherever are the letters O I H E Y you must disappear the ' . Αlso wherever you use capital letters the correct is Σ instead of ς . The correct is ΤΑΙΝΙΕΣ ΜΟΥΣΙΚΗ ΡΥΘΜΙΣΕΙΣ ETC

2. In the home menu only the time is appeared down in the left side of the screen .When i go in the internal menus then i see with capital letters the date and the year.This is correct. Could you pls make the same thing for the Home menu but in the upper right side?

3. Yesterday i asked you something. in SKIN OPTIONS/Wallpaper there are some options. First tell me what is the difference between Background image and folder. i can change only the Background image.Why not the others?

4. Also i asked why the XBMC player can not reproduse the FLV and AVI files?

Thanks again for your help and attention............
Hello from rainy Lancashire

1. This may be a font problem. Try this solution that is used for displaying Chinese language symbols:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78999

2. Sorry no I'm pretty happy with the time where it is on the home screen. Nothing to stop you modding the skin yourself though.

3. Change Background Image = change to one single image / Folder = points to a folder with images in it which the skin will randomly display.

4. Sorry that's not a skin related problem - You could maybe ask in the main forum? You should be able to play avi files though I would have thought.
Sharpe Wrote:Hello from rainy Lancashire

1. This may be a font problem. Try this solution that is used for displaying Chinese language symbols:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78999

2. Sorry no I'm pretty happy with the time where it is on the home screen. Nothing to stop you modding the skin yourself though.

3. Change Background Image = change to one single image / Folder = points to a folder with images in it which the skin will randomly display.

4. Sorry that's not a skin related problem - You could maybe ask in the main forum? You should be able to play avi files though I would have thought.
Now it rains in Greece.
I opened a new thread if you did not see it that i lost the settings.my question is how can i bring them back?
And where is the latest version of Backrow with all the features you all have created to download it?
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:...And where is the latest version of Backrow with all the features you all have created to download it?

The best way would be to install the SVN version of the skin via the Passion Add-On Repository.

Here is the link telling you how to do that:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=628636

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Member in Backrow Skin0