Need to preserver "folder.jpg" for Windows Explorer for TV Shows
I am quite a new user to XBMC and have just encountered a problem while organizing my TV Shows.

Right now I use BOTH Windows Explorer & XBMC to browse through my media collection, and I had put in a lot of time to organize my data into specific folders each with specific thumbnails (with the filename "folder.jpg"). Now however, while using XBMC, I wanted banner images to be used as the "basic" images for TV Shows. The problem occurs while Exporting my library during which XBMC overwrites my thumbnail "folder.jpg" with the banner "folder.jpg"
which completely messes the browsing experience while using Windows Explorer.

The question I wanted to ask is that CAN I somehow change the default name with which the banner image in XBMC is saved while exporting the library ? something like "xbmc_folder.jpg" or "banner.jpg" ?
In short--- I don't believe you can.

HOWEVER, check out the "logo downloader script" I believe it's called... it downloads posters, clearart, banners, boxart... all sorts of cool stuff right into the directory of the show, and names it how you are describing.

Also, just so you know--the very general form of the problem you are referring to (that xbmc's skins take different kinds of art but use one naming convention for all of them) is known... so much so, in fact, that many skins have sort of programmed around that fact and now actually look for banner.jpg etc... like cirrus extended, for example--rather than folder.jpg, it reads banner.jpg AND poster.jpg, etc, so that in the different views, there is never stretched/distorted art. Just for your info haha
^

Thanks for helping out ! I am looking into the solution you suggested, and will update if it works out :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to preserver "folder.jpg" for Windows Explorer for TV Shows0