Feature Request - Documentaries
Hi, I like that there is a section on the main menu for HD Movies. But another section i would like it a Documentaries section, but without having to add all my documentaries to the TV Show Library.

Would this be possible.
Smartplaylists is what you want to search for.
Clue : There's a tuto 10 threads under yours.
I looked at the smartplaylists but i do not want to add documentaries to my tv shows first because i want to scrap the information for the documentaries
dave2384 Wrote:I looked at the smartplaylists but i do not want to add documentaries to my tv shows first because i want to scrap the information for the documentaries

Thats the only way. To get two seperate TV show libraries:

1. Create a playlist of only documentaries
2. Create a playlist of all TV but documentaries
3. Add both to Home
4. Hide the regular TV show main menu item
5. Now it appears you have 2 TV show libraries...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
OK. thank you guys for answering my question Smile

It is a shame that there can not be a seperate scraper for documentaries but hey if i can get them in this way then cool
dave2384 Wrote:OK. thank you guys for answering my question Smile

It is a shame that there can not be a seperate scraper for documentaries but hey if i can get them in this way then cool
Why ?
You can have 2 sources with 2 different scrapers.
Well for my documentaries i want to use the TVDB but the only way you can do that is by selecting the content type as a tv show
What's the problem then ?
Have 2 smartplaylists and it's done Wink
I created the two playlists, but i would like my TV shows to display the fanart view and the documentaries to display the files view, but when i change one it also changes the other they do not have the two seperate views.

Which is why it would be better to seperate tv shows from documentaries
but that´s mean that i have to add to my playlist each time when i have a new Doku? or it make automatically?
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
dave2384 Wrote:I created the two playlists, but i would like my TV shows to display the fanart view and the documentaries to display the files view, but when i change one it also changes the other they do not have the two seperate views.

Which is why it would be better to seperate tv shows from documentaries
I'm reasonably sure this can be done - i think this can be done by the skin? I have wanted something similar to this myself. In recently added tv, i want it to actually hide watched episodes, but in regular tv view i dont want them hidden. I'm sure i had this working in confluence, but haven't been able to set this up in Night yet.

emal011 Wrote:but that´s mean that i have to add to my playlist each time when i have a new Doku? or it make automatically?
Smart playlists update automatically.
prae5 Wrote:I'm reasonably sure this can be done - i think this can be done by the skin? I have wanted something similar to this myself. In recently added tv, i want it to actually hide watched episodes, but in regular tv view i dont want them hidden. I'm sure i had this working in confluence, but haven't been able to set this up in Night yet.

Yea I can have view "x" for Movies, and view "y" for HD Movies(which is a playlist view), so it's doable to have XBMC remember separate views for playlists...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - Documentaries0