XBMC library does not recorgnize fanart or thumbs for music?
Question 
Dear XBMC fans,

I got a problem with the artist (music) artwork.

I set up a XBM (9.11) on my Win Vista. I added movies to the library and added poster, fanart and infos to them using ember media manager. That worked perfectly.

Now I am trying to add the same features for my music collection. Unfortunateley XBMC does not recorgnize the folder.jpg or the fanart.jpg in the artist folders.Still the album artwork (inside every MP3) appears as expected.

structure:
Music/Artist/Album ("Artist" contains folder.jpg and fanart.jpg)

Deleted the "mymusic7.db" and rescanned all files. Still does not work.
Removed the files which caused XBMC to delete the library entries. Added them back in. Still does not work.
Deleted the "Artist" folder inside cache directory. Still does not work.

The only thing that works (but cannot be done because of the collection size) is to add the images manually via artist info screen.

Another point that makes me wonder is that the scrapers for music do not seem to work at all. Allmusic for example (artist info, album info, artist image, artist fanart, allow htbackdrops) but i do not get any infos or images. If I try to manually scrape just one artist I have to enter the artist's name, though it's allready named correctly. Still It does not work. I get no error messages or anything at all.

So what am I doing wrong, what can I do to make it work?

Win Vista
XBMC 9.11
Aeon Auriga (does not work with other skins too)
I found out that the only working scraper seems to be freebase. Every other scraper asks for the artist's name.
Im having the same issue with Dharma beta3. I'll try changing the scraper when i get home and see if that fixes the problem. I could live without the album info and bios that are downloaded from the internet but i dont understand is why the locally stored thumbs and fanart are being ignored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC library does not recorgnize fanart or thumbs for music?0