program to always give MCE remote focus with XBMC
Not sure if this should go here, but this is what I'm looking for. I had a Veris IR and the iMon Manager software would make my remote always control XBMC even if I had another window open. I use XBMC for my music playlists so I use it minimized. I'd like to be able to control the music, or bring XBMC into focus with the press of a button on my remote. I ditched my Veris receiver so I can't use iMon any more. Eventghost doesn't seem to like something in my system, I'm not even sure EG could do this, but if it can I exhausted trying to get it to work.

Is there anything out there that will do what I'm after?
Try this solution:

http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote

It launches and will bring XBMC back to focus.
Thanks, I already did that to make my Green button launch XBMC, when I'm running in windowed mode I have to use my mouse to select the window in order to get the remote to work with XBMC again. Pressing the Green button again has no effect. I know it's possible because my old IR receiver had a program that when you launched a program via the remote it would always control that program, even if it was minimized. But the program only works with the Veris receiver which I got rid of. hummm
It does get annoying..you sit down on the couch, pick up your remote and realize...oh pooh...XBMC isn't in focus! You have to get up off the couch, walk acrost the living room floor (seems like miles) click the mouse and then make the long trek back to the couch! Well....it's not all that bad, but seems like it at times...

I've tried a few things, but have resorted to keeping a wireless mouse on the coffee table. My new one has got an on/off switch on it so I can save on batteries...and so that cat doesn't jump on it and cause all hell to break loose while I'm in the middle of something important (Like gunning someone down in my favorite game) and it has happened more than once!
the walk through in the link above states that if XBMC is already running if you hit WMC button on your remote it will bring it back to focus ...mind you i haven't tried this but if that is how it actually works shouldn't that solve the problem just by hitting the green button again?
Orbi Wrote:Try this solution:

http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote

It launches and will bring XBMC back to focus.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thank you for this. My XBMC install has taken a giant leap closer to being Girlfriend proof.
I use a harmony remote and mapped a custom button called 'wakeup' that simply hits F2. On the windows desktop, I gave my XBMC shortcut a hotkey 'F2'. If you hit wakeup, xbmc is launched. If its already launched, it is given focus. Solved my GF issues...
vinistois Wrote:I use a harmony remote and mapped a custom button called 'wakeup' that simply hits F2. On the windows desktop, I gave my XBMC shortcut a hotkey 'F2'. If you hit wakeup, xbmc is launched. If its already launched, it is given focus. Solved my GF issues...

Sadly I only have an MCE remote and the start button is big, inviting and until now useless.

It is a little flaky at times, but generally works really well.
I've updated the XBMC Launcher to hopefully address the issue of regaining focus even if it is minimized. It seems to work in my tests, so you guys will have to let me know if it doesn't work for you.
ethangar I must be slow, I have the latest XBMC launcher on my system but I'm still unable to use it unless XBMC is in focus. This seems like a very simple app so I'm not sure why it isn't working for me. Is there some sort of log file somewhere I can look at that'll give me some idea of what's wrong here?
ethangar Wrote:I've updated the XBMC Launcher to hopefully address the issue of regaining focus even if it is minimized. It seems to work in my tests, so you guys will have to let me know if it doesn't work for you.

I'll try it out once Dharma final hits the streets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
program to always give MCE remote focus with XBMC0