[WINDOWS] Installation for non-adminstrative users on Windows 7?
Hi there,

I am new here and trying to instal xbmc on my pc, however I don't want to install it on my administrator account but on my family account. Can't get it done. And can't find any information about it.
Can someone help me, or is there an other way?

Thanks!

Martine
Log in as administrator and install it. Then log out and log in with the family account and run XBMC and it will work fine.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Log in as administrator and install it. Then log out and log in with the family account and run XBMC and it will work fine.

JR

Hi JR,

Of course normally this is the way how it should work. I already tried this, but it is not accessible from the family account. I also tried right mouse click, run as administrator, but also this didn't work.
I am running windows 7.
mkhunter Wrote:Hi JR,

Of course normally this is the way how it should work. I already tried this, but it is not accessible from the family account. I also tried right mouse click, run as administrator, but also this didn't work.
I am running windows 7.

Odd. I know XBMC runs fine under non-admin accounts because I've use a non-admin account on my niece's HTPC (in a desparate and probably futile attempt to stave off malware). When you say "not accessible" do you mean there's no XBMC icon in the Start menu, or that when you click the icon XBMC doesn't run?

JR
I am having the same problem. I am on Windows 7, the install has two options, and both requests a admin access and after installation I can only find the XBMC program when logon into an administrator account, I am new to XBMC on windows - I also have a media center running linux with XBMC, and am more familiar with XBMC on linux. Any help with win7 would be appreciated.
Which version of XBMC? As I recall, Dharma beta 4 doesn't have two options for installation.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Installation for non-adminstrative users on Windows 7?0