Hi I'm new with question
Hi I'm new to XBMC was using boxxee but after setting up XBMC I like it much better

But I had a question

I was using the VRC 1100 remote works fine

But I just bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0607442166

Cause I was reading its more compatible with XBMC functions and its RC6 So If I get a Harmony later it should work with that receiver

My Question is 2

Does The remote I just bought work out of the Box Plug it in & works

and does it allow mouse movement right click left click etc

I'm using Win 7 x64

Thanks
MrAngelus Wrote:Hi I'm new to XBMC was using boxxee but after setting up XBMC I like it much better

But I had a question

I was using the VRC 1100 remote works fine

But I just bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0607442166

Cause I was reading its more compatible with XBMC functions and its RC6 So If I get a Harmony later it should work with that receiver

My Question is 2

Does The remote I just bought work out of the Box Plug it in & works

and does it allow mouse movement right click left click etc

I'm using Win 7 x64

Thanks

I can only answer part of your question 2, yes the remote you bought will work out of the box if you use Registry configuration simplest way ever to get your remote functioning in no time.

See my thread, link in my sig. Only 2 files to download one config.reg file for remote settings and keyboard.xml for extra functions on your remote "optional".

2 files to download and a restart after following the thread steps, then you will be up and running in less than 5mins.

You can even remap your buttons simply using a tiny app in section2 or use my tutorial for a more know how approach.

Cheers,
EG
The HP remote is Microsoft compatible and will work very well with the Harmony. Just configure the Harmony to emulate a Microsoft handset or keyboard.

The Microsoft compatible remotes will mostly work fine in XBMC. I suggest installing the MCERemote addon (from the Programs section of the XBMC.org Addon repository) as this can be used to tweak the remote to your requirements.

The remote won't be able to control the mouse.

JR
Thanks
v1.23.reg/download
I'm assuming you mean this registry file
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmccust...ma/Config.

Do I also need the Keyboard.xml file or just the .reg file

Will the Reg File Map the Green key to start XBMC as long as I have Ctrl Shift W in the shortcut key

or will I have to Map that one myself MceRemoteMapper

heh I just ran your .reg & tried to Map the Green Start button on my VRC 1100 to start XBMC

Didn't do much Smile
MrAngelus Wrote:Thanks
v1.23.reg/download
I'm assuming you mean this registry file
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmccust...ma/Config.
Yes that's the one if you are using the latest Dharma release, if use Camelot 9.11 then there is another config file for it listed as well, just follow the steps in my thread and you will be fine.

MrAngelus Wrote:Do I also need the Keyboard.xml file or just the .reg file
The keyboard.xml will give you extra nice features accessable from your remote. Read my thread, if you do not like what's listed on the keyboard.xml changes log don't download it Smile

MrAngelus Wrote:Will the Reg File Map the Green key to start XBMC as long as I have Ctrl Shift W in the shortcut key

or will I have to Map that one myself MceRemoteMapper
Yes the reg file will automatically map your green start button with the shortcut key, as long as you have an xbmc shorcut on your desktop with Ctrl Shift W in the shortcut key. Follow the steps in my thread & you won't go wrong Smile No need to use the keymapper unless you what to change what the actual buttons does to suit your style.

MrAngelus Wrote:heh I just ran your .reg & tried to Map the Green Start button on my VRC 1100 to start XBMC

Didn't do much Smile

I am afraid VRC 1100 is not fully "RC6" compatible, you cant configure the "i" & "green start button" even if you can, its not easy to do. But it Should work fine on the HP remote.

jhsrennie is the man to ask about VRC1100 I don't use it and do not recommend it just because it's not easy to setup, I have nothing against it though Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hi I'm new with question0