Set Content option not on menu - Dharma Beta4
Guys,

I'm running Dharma Beta4 on Windows 7. Trying to switch video scrapper for some movies.

I noticed for folders that contain other types of video files such as MKV, AVI, ISO,... the option "Set Content" always appears on the context menu. However, the "Set Content" option is missing on the context menu whenever the folder contain VIDEO_TS files. Any idea why?

TIA
bodhi Wrote:Guys,

I'm running Dharma Beta4 on Windows 7. Trying to switch video scrapper for some movies.

I noticed for folders that contain other types of video files such as MKV, AVI, ISO,... the option "Set Content" always appears on the context menu. However, the "Set Content" option is missing on the context menu whenever the folder contain VIDEO_TS files. Any idea why?

TIA

I'm using the Confluence Skin (default), btw.
That's odd. Is the folder being highlighted when you hit the context button, or are you in the folder when you hit the button? "Set Content" likely doesn't show up if you are highlighting the ".." at the top of a folder.
natethomas Wrote:That's odd. Is the folder being highlighted when you hit the context button, or are you in the folder when you hit the button? "Set Content" likely doesn't show up if you are highlighting the ".." at the top of a folder.

Yes, I did highlight the folder and hit the context button. I switched to video files mode, and there are several video folders on the list. The folders that contain MKV and ISO video files showed the "set content" option on the context menu, but the folders that contain Video_TS video files did not.

I've also tried 2 different ways the Video_TS files are organized in the folder: one with a Video_TS subfolder and all the IFO and VOB files under that, and one with only the folder with movie name and all IFO and VOB files inside (without the Video_TS subfolder). Both did not show the "set content" option. All these Video_TS folders were scrapped and shown movie info, but director info were missing, that was the reason why I tried to switch to IMDB scrapper to see if the director info show up.

Thanks for your response Cool it's certainly odd that only Video_TS folders have this problem. Perhaps this is a bug? it would be nice to hear from others if they can see "set content" option or not.
Just checked some of my DVD folder entries and all have the 'set content' option available from the movie folder. Make sure you are in 'file' mode and not library - there is no set content option in library mode
steelman1991 Wrote:Just checked some of my DVD folder entries and all have the 'set content' option available from the movie folder. Make sure you are in 'file' mode and not library - there is no set content option in library mode

Thank steelman. I was indeed on video files mode. Must be something about my "set content" option. Is there any global setting regarding whether the video folder "contain only single file" ?

I did try to remove one of these DVD folders from the library, clean library, and then "scan for new content" at the enclosing folder level, this DVD folder then showed up in the library again, scrapper info were read in. And I went back to "video files mode", navigate to this DVD folder, and still not see "set content" in the context menu. I also notice other options were missing: "play" option was missing, too (the context menu is a shorter list).
Bodhi - seems very strange that you seem to have a trunkated menu - I have attached a screenshot of mine - Dharma 4

EDIT

Just noticed this. If you go to System\Video\File Lists\Default Select Action, there are one or two permutations there for context menus and how they are displayed. I have mine set to 'Play', others provided trunkated views as described by you.
steelman1991 Wrote:Bodhi - seems very strange that you seem to have a trunkated menu - I have attached a screenshot of mine - Dharma 4

EDIT

Just noticed this. If you go to System\Video\File Lists\Default Select Action, there are one or two permutations there for context menus and how they are displayed. I have mine set to 'Play', others provided trunkated views as described by you.

Steelman - Thanks for the pointer, I've tried switching to each of Default Select Actions, still it behave the same way! really strange. When I switched to a directory that has an MKV, or ISO file in it, the context menu was shown as same as yours above.

I'm going to dig out an old DVD and copy the Video_TS directory from that to the hard disk. See if it will make the option visible for a DVD directory that has never been scanned before.
Rainbow 
First, the new DVD folder behave the same way. No "set content" available on the context menu in "video files mode".

However, I was able to see the "set content" option when I switched the display style from "list" to "fan art" Big Grin After using the "set content" to refresh each folder with IMDB scrapper, the director information were retrieved correctly. Yay!

But, for testing purpose I first went back to the "list" style of display, and the "set content" disappeared! after that, switching from/to "list" and "fanart" did not bring it back! bummer. Then I shutdown XBMC and started it again, and after that it works normally. "Set content" option is back on "video files" mode consistently now.

Thanks steelman and natethomas for your responses and helps. I got the information I need from the 2 different scrappers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Content option not on menu - Dharma Beta40