[PATCH] Automatic scrolling of panoramas in slideshows
Thumbs Up 
If "use pan & zoom effects" is on, this patch makes the slideshow treat panoramas different from the normal random slide effect.

A horizontal panorama is filled out in the height and scrolled completely (random right or left).

Vertical panorama's are filled out in the width and scrolled up or down.

Currently the patch treats every image with a ratio of at least 1.9:1 as a panorama. The amount of time the image is shown is lengthened from the normal slide time based on the ratio, so the visual impression matches the sliding speed of the normal random effect.

See trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10695
I noticed this patch is not in Eden soft-freeze, is there any particular reason?

There are a lot of cheap camera's nowadays with build-in panorama support, and many budget photo editors can handle stitching with ease without being a photo-geek. Am I really the only one with panorama photographs in between his holiday shots?
To bad this nice patch doesn't get any attention...
Robotica Wrote:To bad this nice patch doesn't get any attention...

Well, you just did...

I'll poll the main developers after eden, it's nearly certain too late for this to get in. Not that it does really change much, but it is not good practice.

(Pity it dropped out of my sight, I thought all my patches had been accepted. But I'm running a private roughly patched version here and sometimes get confused what I did send back as patches Huh)
You can always clone the GIT and add your patch then submit a pull request. A couple of reasons, the 'patch' will not patch against the present GIT, the code got shuffled around a little after Dharma 10.1 was released. I also feel that it gets looked at more frequently compared to the trac(when patches are involved) as it is easy to see how it blends into the code. Also it is Soft-Freeze(no major changes that may cause major bugs) it might get considered...
Aardvark Wrote:(Pity it dropped out of my sight, I thought all my patches had been accepted. But I'm running a private roughly patched version here and sometimes get confused what I did send back as patches Huh)

I've seen your patches: enables playing of videos within a picture slideshow and Video thumbnails in Picture viewmode and Support automatic scrolling of panoramas in slideshows

Great work! Together with the photo plugin, local photo viewing is getting better and better. I consider this addon a full drop-in replacement for the default Pictures source, which I consider to be completely unusable in comparison (in fact I completely remove the default Pictures app and add MyPicsDB as Pictures using the customization features in the Aeon MQ2 skin).

That plugin provides a new database to store meta data from local pictures. This meta data is scraped with custom, buildin scrapers. Then you can do some different stuff with your photo's:
filtering, searching, create collections, star-rating, better custom menu items (i.e. trigger slideshow from usefull places), better views, etc.

Only dis-advantage (not consistent with audio/video) is that settings are stored within the addon and not with the general picture settings in XBMC.

It would be great if online sources could be integrated. So you can easily up- and download pictures to Facebook, Flickr, Picasso, etc. There are plugins for this but the don't interact with the photo plugins database. A simple "sent to service" from the context menu in combination with settings for login credentials (like i.e. xbmc subtitles by amet works) would do the job. Also auto mounting USB media so you can easily connect your phone, camera and upload your pictures to the database.

And what do you think about those tickets: Allow set up way picture thumbnails are generated and I would love to have a context-menu item to "Also view pictures in subfolder(s)" or start slideshow including subfolders.

This ticket can be closed (i've no trac access). And since I checked most stuff related to pictures, this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10262 ticket is also a reminder.
Robotica Wrote:I've seen your patches: enables playing of videos within a picture slideshow (...)

I have to correct you on that one, that was made by gwan. In fact it inspired me to create my own patches, as my own personal usage (fully support what a modern P&S camera creates) was now easily possible.

About the other suggestions and remarks: I only use XBMC pictures for two purposes: unmodified camera cards and my family archive. And the archive workflow is Lightroom based, XBMC just has access to a mirror for easy viewing in the livingroom. So no need for anything besides basic slideshow there. And you know, contributors mostly scratch their own itch...
I noticed this is not in master...

I applied this again locally on the current HEAD, how do I send this new version in without push-rights? (And no, I do not think I want any rights, just a simple flow where this patch will be seen someone maintaining the slideshow viewer).

The best bit is to just do a pull request against our git.

i.e.

1. Fork our git if you haven't done so already.
2. Add your repo as a remote to your local (or just checkout from that repo).
3. Apply your changes locally (ideally to a separate branch).
4. Push your changes up to your repo.
5. Click the pull request button on github.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just want to show my support for your patch. This is one of those things you don't know you can't live without lol
To anyone following this: it has been merged into master (thanks to Montellese for the assistance).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Automatic scrolling of panoramas in slideshows0