Resume from standby with remote
I'm trying everything I've read here on the forum to get my remote to wake my PC from a standby state and nothing seems to be working. Then last night, it hit me... Do I need an actual MCE remote to resume from standby? I'm currently using my DirecTV remote with an HP IR receiver and EventGhost.

Thank you.
I've just tested with an HP remote (i.e. both the handset and receiver are HP) and the power button does resume from standby.

Assuming your DirecTV remote emulates an eHome handset the handset should be irrelevant since the HP receiver just receives an IR signal and doesn't care what sent it. There is a setting somewhere that controls whether devices are allowed to wake the PC. Try Device Manager, right click the eHome device under Human Interface Devices and it's on the Property pages somewhere.

I don't think Eventghost will be interfering since obviously it isn't running when the PC is suspended.

JR
I had to tweak wake/standby setting on my gigabyte bios before it worked!
jhsrennie Wrote:I've just tested with an HP remote (i.e. both the handset and receiver are HP) and the power button does resume from standby.

Assuming your DirecTV remote emulates an eHome handset the handset should be irrelevant since the HP receiver just receives an IR signal and doesn't care what sent it. There is a setting somewhere that controls whether devices are allowed to wake the PC. Try Device Manager, right click the eHome device under Human Interface Devices and it's on the Property pages somewhere.

I don't think Eventghost will be interfering since obviously it isn't running when the PC is suspended.

JR

I think that's my problem... I don't believe my Directv remote is programmed with the eHome settings because I wanted ability to use more keys on the DTV remote. I will try different codes and go from there.

Thanks JR.
LakersFan Wrote:I think that's my problem... I don't believe my Directv remote is programmed with the eHome settings because I wanted ability to use more keys on the DTV remote. I will try different codes and go from there.

Thanks JR.

These days there should be little need to use Eventghost and any other driver than the standard eHome one. The MCERemote addon makes it easy to configure any button on the remote to send any keypress.

JR
Three things to check.

1. check jumpers on the motherboard to keep the USB ports powered up when in standby/poweroff. Plug in a memstick or something with a led on it into the usb port and enter standby. Is the light on the stick still on? If not then the port is powered down and cannot be used to resume. If the light is still on then goto step 2

2. Check bios setting to enable the usb device to bring the comp out of standby/poweroff.

3. Make sure your using the right suspend type in the bios. You have to set the bios susp type to use and what can be a wake event.

Once you have that then you can press any button on the remote to bring it out of standby

Keep in mind not all motherboards support this. My ASUS A8V does but my htpc (shuttle SB51G) doesn't. When my htpc goes into susp, my remote is useless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume from standby with remote0