XBMC not finding movies
Hello,

The problem is that XBMC is not finding (all) movies. After removing the Roaming/XBMC directory and reinstalling XBMC i still have the same problem.

If i let it scan my 1st movie directory it finds 1 movie, if i let is scan another directory it finds 3 movies.

Both directories have about 25 movies in it, all named like "Movie name (year)"

Cause it where smb shares i tried to copy a few movies to the local harddrive and let it scan that directory, nothing was found.

When i go to Video -> Files it sees all the directories and i can play all the movies.

I used IMDB.com as scraper and here is the debug log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/532530/

I don't assume my video card and other hardware info are needed but if so, plz let me know.

Anyone got an idea?

Grz.
OK..

Step by Step..

Assuming that you are using the Confluence skin.

Launch XBMC.
At the main menu, single click on Videos
Move your cursor across to the left, make sure that "library mode" is "off" (not lit).
Move back to the right now, see the name of the source that you have "Movies" or whatever it is called.
Whilst hovering over the source name, press "C"
Click on "Set Content"
You will see a screen that says "This Directory contains...." click on the dropdown to select "Movies".
Then select "run automated scan"
Select "OK"
Then "Yes"

That should do it.
Hey fishypops,

Thx for the reply.
I had tried that allready, but that didn't do anything. I see in the top right of the screen the little window you normaly see when xbmc is scanning and showing you the progress. But now it only shows for half second or so and it only says "Compressing database..."

Debug log after trying: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/532628/

If you got any other suggestions, plz let me know.

Grz.
Just to be sure, do you mean for it to be scanning:

C:\Users\Chaos\Desktop\Nieuwe map (2)\

?

The scan reports that there was no info to be found in that folder. If that is the correct folder, I suppose you could always check for stray *.nfo files or try renaming the folder withou the parentheses. I don't think the name should matter, but who can say about these things?
Hi.

The directory is a temporary directory with only 3 movies in it. Just to make sure it wasn't a network problem.

I removed all files accept the movie files. So all txt, nfo etc are gone.

Still no movies are found.

Grz.

[Edit] Btw I also removed the (2) in the directory name.

Just downloaded beta 4 but didn't help.

[Edit 2] Strange. I set the content to tv show, turn on automated scan. And I see in the log it tries to find them at thetvdb.com.
But when I change the content to movie, and turn on automated scan it doesn't find the movies anymore.
Oke. Looks like I got the problem.

I use the directory layout:
/movies/Fracture (2007)/fracture.mkv

In the "set content" I never selected the "scan recursive" cause I saw in the guide this was only needed if you use /movies/moviename/video_ts/

Just wanted to try it, and after turning it on, it found all the movies.

So, problem solved for me. Still don't know if it is the expected behavior.

Thx for the help anyway.

Grz
That SHOULDN'T be necessary, but hey, whatever works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not finding movies0