Dharma Beta4 stuttering issue. [debug log posted]
Question 
I have a weird issue that i can't quite figure out.
A few nights ago I decided to upgrade from 9.11 to the new Dharma Beta 4. Since then, I have huge stuttering issues which makes most videos unwatchable.
Most videos I have is Xvid / SD videos, which shouldn't be any problem at all for the hardware to handle, and they worked great when I had 9.11.

The weird thing is though, if I start XBMC and start a video it will stutter all the way from the beginning. But if I, while the video is running, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the task manager, the stuttering suddenly stops and the video runs as smooth as ever.
If I then close that video and starts another instead theres no stuttering at all.
I can even close XBMC completely, then start it again and the stuttering will still be gone.
But if i restart the computer, or leave it idling for a long time, the stuttering comes back the next time I start XBMC and starts a video. I even think it comes back when having XBMC running and leaving the computer idle for a while.

I have tried searching the forum, but haven't been able to find someone with the same problem.
Does anyone have an idea on what it could be?

Computer Spec:
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300
Intel® Desktop Board DG45ID with built in X4500HD Graphics.
2GB RAM
Windows 7 x64
Well, a debug log would probably help here. See my signature for how to get one for Windows. I might suggest going to:

settings>system>video output

Then ticking "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen," or unticking it, if it already is ticked. Probably won't work, but it's my best guess without seeing a debug log.
have the stuttering in old simpson episodes in the beginning for 5 seconds and mostly a second time after the couch gag. after that it runs smoothly.
did not have that with the old version or remember in the first 2 betas
just waiting for the final release.
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
Here is the debug log. I can't find anything strange in it though.
http://pastebin.ca/1993625

What i did was:
Start XBMC.
Stop the library refresh.
Start a video and let it play for around 2min, it did stutter the hole time.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, then refocused XBMC.
Let the video continue to play for another 2min, without any stutter at all.
Stop the video
Close XBMC.

I will try the fullscreen think next. Hopefully that does something.
Try disabling Aero. You'll probably have to turn on Vsync to avoid tearing then.

Are you using an interlaced resolution on purpose for the desktop?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
natethomas Wrote:Well, a debug log would probably help here. See my signature for how to get one for Windows. I might suggest going to:

settings>system>video output

Then ticking "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen," or unticking it, if it already is ticked. Probably won't work, but it's my best guess without seeing a debug log.

I did actually help to untick the "fullscreen windows" box. Thanks' a lot!

I just had to disable mouse support to since the cursor was in the middle of the screen and didn't disappear when running real fullscreen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma Beta4 stuttering issue. [debug log posted]0