XBMC Windows7 - Startup to black screen... nothing else
I know there was a thread about this earlier, but it doesn't seem to be active anymore. I just installed the latest version of XBMC on a fully updated install of Windows 7 x86. When I run XBMC, it only comes up to a black screen. It uses all of my CPU until I kill the process. I have tried to run as administrator, run Portable, installed latest nvidia drivers for my Geforce 7025, and installed in both user directory and program files. No love on anything.

Anyone got any ideas?
Star 
You're not giving us a lot to go on.. ver of xbmc might be the wrong one. Unistall what you got, then go here.. http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=NSAC&AR=DHI and grab the latest... install. If it doesn't fly.... paste whatever is in the debug log.

Oh.. ya Grab the Dharma complete.
Which version is the "latest" version? Beta 4?
Star 
natethomas Wrote:Which version is the "latest" version? Beta 4?

That site has the unofficial version, Beta 4 (rev: 35260 last time I looked) with notes about the changes etc.
Support is/will only be provided by devs from official sources, which currently is Dharma Beta 4 - available from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ - the other link to sshcs is purely unofficial and NOT supported.
I went to the XBMC.org Download site and hit Windows... that is how one would download the latest version, right? According to that page, it is Dharma Beta 4. I will try the unsupported one but I doubt it will behave any differently.
What we were basically trying to do here was clarify which xbmc version you were using - PatK suggested a download route which is wholly unsupported by the dev team, hence why I guided you to the official download repository.

What you should do is download the Dharma Beta 4 and if the problem remains follow the guide on 'How to post a problem in the correct manner' in the sticky. As I say anything else will be unsupported.
No, you were correct. Dharma Beta 4 is the version you want. I was just trying to make sure that that was the one you had. "Latest" can mean a WHOLE LOT of things on this board.

As steelman said, post a debug log. You'll find a link on how to get and post a windows problem (and debug log) on my signature.
I'm not going to worry about it... in all honesty, I will probably go away from Windows and move to Ubuntu anyway...

I ran the unsupported install but nothing has changed... still with the black screen... thanks for the help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Windows7 - Startup to black screen... nothing else0