TV shows simply not scraping [debug log posted, page 2]
I've had this problem for awhile now and now it has got to the point of complete annoyance.

I have an external hard drive with two folders inside, "Movies" and "Television."

Movies has scraped just fine and always worked. I simply have all my mkv files inside the movies folder.

In the television folder, I have a folder for each show. (Planet Earth, Band Of Brothers, Eastbound And Down). Each show is labeled correctly i.e. Planet.Earth.S01E01.Name.of.Episode

When trying to scan the "Television" folder for content, the first time it said downloading TV info about Planet Earth (EN). In my TV shows section, it lists "Planet Earth" but when I click it it says the library is empty. It found Band Of Brothers, although it completely mislabeled all of the episodes despite me using the proper format (it thought they were "specials" although clearly labeled as the episodes). Not sure why it did that, since theyre labeled as S01 when specials would be S00. It never found Eastbound and Down at all.

I have no idea how this isn't working since my movies work so easily. I selected to use theTVDB and to run an automated scan. I must be missing something simple because this is ridiculous. I've tried deleting the source, changing the folder name, etc.
Try a debug log for starters - see sticky on How to report a problem properly.
edit:
debug logs below
Sorry mate but did you even bother reading the sticky? That is not a debug log and the full log should be posted to pasetbin or similar.
My apologies, I am new to XBMC in general, especially troubleshooting. I think I've got it right now:

http://www.pastebin.ca/1992757
I had a problem scraping TV shows using Beta 3 on XBMCLive.

I did a full clean install of Beta4 (35068) and STILL my TV shows do not scrape any data. I uploaded a debug log at the time but nobody could identify the reason.

To get around this, I scrape with EMM then add to XBMC.

When I let XBMC "try" to scrape, it adds the episode as a number, ie, episode 6 is displayed as 6. No other information or data is added. I will look to add another debug log, as there have been several users with this error.
Unless I missed it, you need to post a debug log of a time in which you didn't have the folder scanned and then you do a scan.

A few quick suggestions/questions:

1st: What is the directory structure of your TV shows? For e.g.,

C:\TV\Planet Earth\Planet Earth.s01e01.avi
or
C:\TV\Planet Earth\Season1\Planet Earth.s01e01.avi
or
something else?

That probably shouldn't matter, but it's worth asking.

2nd: Check to see if you have any stray .nfo files sitting in those folders. Those nfo files can completely confuse and destroy a library scan.
I have my shows named like this:

C:\TV\Planet Earth\Planet Earth.s01e01.mkv

There aren't any NFO files. I'll do a debug before/after scanning in a bit and see what happens. It's very confusing to me why it also doesn't find some of my series, but did find Band Of Brothers (although labeled it completely wrong). I haven't really messed with XBMC much other than adding DSPlayer so I don't know what I could have messed up, and my movie scraping works fine. Thanks for the help so far
The log needs to be of the time during the scan. I don't think I made that very clear.
Just tried your naming convention on a dummy mkv file and it scrapes without issue. Will see what your debug log throws up.

The one problem that might be causing issues is the build you are using. The DSPlayer builds are fairly buggy and are linked to fairly old 'trunk' builds, which may have scraper issues, that more recent Dharma Beta builds won't. This is only a thought and not definitive, but I don't run a DSPlayer build, therefore I can't comment on its sturdiness while scraping.

You might want to consider downloading a newer Dharma Beta version, scrape your material and then install the DSPlayer version, once your files have been correctly scraped.
Here is my debug log after I re-added my TV source and scanned:

http://pastebin.ca/1993895

It scraped the wrong thing for Band Of Brothers, found the title "Planet Earth" but that contains no episodes, and didn't find my other show. I've tried renaming several different ways with the same results so I'm confident that isn't the issue.

In response to some of your suggestions, or if the debug log doesn't provide any answers to those of you who know this in depth, any ideas of how I could get these things to scrape the easiest? Like I said I'm a beginner but I'm learning. I only need to scrape what I currently have for TV shows since I do not really plan to add more. Again, any help is much appreciated!
I feel for anybody who has scraping issues. Fortunately it is so far something I haven't had any problems with (touch wood).

As I said in my previous post, perhaps there is scraping issues with the version you are using which is by now quite outdated - I'm sure there were some troubles around the time of that DSPlayer release.

Are you using it for any particular reason - Dharma Beta 4 is very stable at the moment and includes DXVA2 Hardware Acceeleration (for Win7 and Vista builds). If there is no reason that would prevent download and install of Dharma, then I would suggest a completely fresh install of xbmc (using Dharma - make sure you also delete the profile settings) and rebuild your Movies and TV Shows from scratch - doesn't look like you have that many so shouldn't be too much trouble.
That makes sense. It's worth a shot and I will try that out, I was only using DSPlayer because it was easy to find info on making it the default player, etc using the wiki. I only wanted a player with graphic acceleration for my mkv's
Quick question.. I know this is addressed on the boards but I need a clear answer. For DSPlayer I had to code some of the xml files to make sure it was the default player and used Haali Media Splitter to play my mkv's (1080p). For Dharma Beta, is anything like that necessary (coding xml's), or is it good to go?
Nope, xbmc proper is entirely self-sufficient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows simply not scraping [debug log posted, page 2]0