• 3(current)
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company - a new skin concept
blacklist Wrote:List View:

I haven't seen the new Alice in Wonderland yet...I knew Tim Burton likes to make things a little darker, but that plot outline sounds like he went a bit far. Wink
mfwilli Wrote:haven't seen the new Alice in Wonderland yet...I knew Tim Burton likes to make things a little darker, but that plot outline sounds like he went a bit far. Wink

That's funny. I think that was the outline from 48 Hours. Nick Nolte as the Red Queen and Eddie Murphy as Alice. Its a total series reboot.

A Fanart/Wide Icon view. Not entirely happy with it quite yet. Stay tuned.
blacklist Wrote:Image

A Fanart/Wide Icon view. Not entirely happy with it quite yet. Stay tuned.

can't wait to try this one.
Music Artist View and Updated Wide Icon View

looking excellent mate, can't wait to see this in action!
The concept you have here looks astonishing... Really. The only thing I would say is that myself and igotdvds tried to start on a skin a while back that used a lot of rotated elements like this, and we ran into problems with the positioning when the display had to be scaled for a TV. For example, my TV isnt actually 1280x720 - its 1368x800 or something. As soon as the scaling kicked in, the positioning of the rotated elements was off.

We had a word with one of the xbmc bods about it to see if they could look into it. I think there was a ticket open on the issue, but I dont know if they ever got anywhere with it.

If you can make it work, though, it would be amazing. Looking at it, I imagine there would be a large amount of animation in there as well, which would set it off very nicely, but also make further work for you.

Sincerely, good luck. I hope you manage to make this a reality.

David
djeglin Wrote:The concept you have here looks astonishing... Really. The only thing I would say is that myself and igotdvds tried to start on a skin a while back that used a lot of rotated elements like this, and we ran into problems with the positioning when the display had to be scaled for a TV. For example, my TV isnt actually 1280x720 - its 1368x800 or something. As soon as the scaling kicked in, the positioning of the rotated elements was off.

That's actually a really good note, I appreciate the heads up. I'm designing the whole thing to be a 1080 skin (no groans, please) and my TV displays at true 1920x1080, but I can see where that would be an issue. I'll start thinking of how to compensate for that.

And just as a side note... if there are any experienced skinners who want to take on a side project...
*Very* nice, looking forward to this skin!

Please make sure you include wide-banners for TV shows!

Thanks
The REAL Joe
Please add studio Flags.... in the future releases. This skins stands apart from the rest in terms of concept and style
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Holy sh*t. Find this man a skinner!

That's the most creative/innovative skin I've seen yet. Hope it comes to life.

TheUni
theuni Wrote:Holy sh*t. Find this man a skinner!

TheUni

With some serious animation skills im thinking looking at these amazing mock up photos.

dude this is looking awesome hope you pick up a good skinner
good luck
bandelguy Wrote:Please add studio Flags.... in the future releases. This skins stands apart from the rest in terms of concept and style
Studio flags will be in there for sure. The mpaa ratings will most likely go to a graphic, and I will incorporate clearlogos as well as soon as I can find an approprote way to fit them in graphically to the skin. Just haven't found a way I really like yet.

TheUni

+2

TheUni

+3
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company - a new skin concept7