• 4(current)
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company - a new skin concept
I really just hope this goes somewhere, I was so stoked with concrete and it just died.

My delicate heart could not take it, I would cry a little bit every night.

etc.
Looks great mate! Wink

Hope it sees the light...
garyi Wrote:I really just hope this goes somewhere, I was so stoked with concrete and it just died.

My delicate heart could not take it, I would cry a little bit every night.

etc.

You and me both brother... you and me both.
blackist, don't you think that vintage look of all posters will look better with some kind of adding age mask/difuse png, to look something like this:

AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
mstef Wrote:blackist, don't you think that vintage look of all posters will look better with some kind of adding age mask/difuse png, to look something like this:

I totally agree. That's maybe a little extreme than what I had in mind, but I am planning on some kind of diffuse to age the images a little.
Great. It was only a sample. Regards.
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
Nice!!!!!
This is also hardcore Smile

Harcore, and pure awesome!
mstef Wrote:This is also hardcore Smile

Now that I could get behind! Care to share?
mstef Wrote:This is also hardcore Smile

Anyway to alternate overlays?

The 'random' nature of the ageing overlay would perhaps be lost when the same overlay effect is used multiple times on the same window. If there was some way to alternate perhaps 3~4 overlays with a similar effect but different pattern, it would look less regimented.
mortstar Wrote:Anyway to alternate overlays?

The 'random' nature of the ageing overlay would perhaps be lost when the same overlay effect is used multiple times on the same window. If there was some way to alternate perhaps 3~4 overlays with a similar effect but different pattern, it would look less regimented.

I tend to agree with you, I think that serious of an effect would be best used sparingly, since at the end of the day you still want to be able to view the coverart, etc. I'm playing around with some ideas now, but I don't think it will end up being 20 thumbnails with the same effect on the same page - it would be a bit overwhelming.

Maybe once I can get this skinned I can offer in different levels of distressed - "Clean", "Distressed", and "Grungy"... or something similar, kind of like Welo's different front page options. Should be fairly easy just to change the overlay image universally.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to come up with a good idea for the "Home" screen. I've toyed with the idea of having no true home screen - but having a "TV Home", "Movie Home" and "Music Home"... with a way to swap in between them. I think this would allow for more information between the views (ie. TV home would have latest added, the upcoming tv script, latest watched, etc...)

I'm soliciting brainstorms Big Grin
been trying to make up my mind ever since i saw your first screenshot...
it surely is the most outstanding skin design i've ever come across and i would love to help you out as much as i can....

but, like yours, my spare time is very limited at the moment.

anyway, against better judgement, i started coding your list view.
mostly as a proof of concept and to get an idea how much time it's gonna take to bring a design like this to life.

as mentioned before, using angled labels is not the most outstanding feature of xbmc, though it looks quite acceptable on my 1080p screen.

so after several hours of coding, here's a real working screen of The Paper Street Soap Company in action:

cheers,
ronie
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
*jaw drops*

ronie Wrote:been trying to make up my mind ever since i saw your first screenshot...
it surely is the most outstanding skin design i've ever come across and i would love to help you out as much as i can....

but, like yours, my spare time is very limited at the moment.

anyway, against better judgement, i started coding your list view.
mostly as a proof of concept and to get an idea how much time it's gonna take to bring a design like this to life.

as mentioned before, using angled labels is not the most outstanding feature of xbmc, though it looks quite acceptable on my 1080p screen.

so after several hours of coding, here's a real working screen of The Paper Street Soap Company in action:

cheers,
ronie
Everything fits so perfectly. Smile Looking forward to see the home menu.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company - a new skin concept7