MCE Remote usefull or not?
Hi,

For my wife and kids I want windows 7 to startup XBMC automatic when a user logs in into windows. It think will not be any problem.

When XBMC is started I want to make it as easy as possible for them to just select a movie and play it.

Can this be achieved with a MCE remote or will it not work and can I better do something else?

Thanks for the advice!
works well for me even the green button starts xbmc
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
Thanks just bought one on the internet.
slingshot27 Wrote:Thanks just bought one on the internet.

Hopefully it's not too late to point you at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC. All MCE remotes will work with XBMC, but some work better than others.

JR
slingshot27 Wrote:Thanks just bought one on the internet.

The easiest way to setup it up using registry configuration. If you need help let us know or just read my thread, link in sig.

Cheers,
EG.
Will the registry setup work with harmony remote? If so, do I just set my harmony remote to MCE remote?
elitegamer360 Wrote:The easiest way to setup it up using registry configuration. If you need help let us know or just read my thread, link in sig.

Cheers,
EG.

Thanks for the support. If I do not like it the one I bought I have a usb infrared receiver and I have a harmony remote. So can I use that one?
Yes you definitely can. I know I do Wink
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
nge2015 Wrote:Will the registry setup work with harmony remote? If so, do I just set my harmony remote to MCE remote?

It depends on the receiver. After all the receiver just sees infrared signals and neither knows nor cares whether it's a Harmony or some other handset sending the infrared. If you're using a Microsoft compatible receiver then the registry changes will work.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote usefull or not?0