Fanart and dvd/bluray cases question
When I browse my "tv shows" folder on "videos" i can see the fan art and thumbs but when i browse my "bluray" folder on "videos" it doesn't show fanart, only shows the dvd case. is there a way to get the fanart to show on my "bluray" folder on "videos" just like it does for the tv shows?

2nd. When browsing my "bluray" folder under "videos" it shows dvd cases but if i go on "movies" on the home screen it shows bluray cases for the same movies. Is there a way to get it to show bluray cases when browsing under "videos" just like it does under "movies"?

Thanks
luisomar0 Wrote:When I browse my "tv shows" folder on "videos" i can see the fan art and thumbs but when i browse my "bluray" folder on "videos" it doesn't show fanart, only shows the dvd case. is there a way to get the fanart to show on my "bluray" folder on "videos" just like it does for the tv shows?

if you want fanart in filemode, best is to store a fanart.jpg image in each movie folder (assuming every movie is in it's own folder).

luisomar0 Wrote:2nd. When browsing my "bluray" folder under "videos" it shows dvd cases but if i go on "movies" on the home screen it shows bluray cases for the same movies. Is there a way to get it to show bluray cases when browsing under "videos" just like it does under "movies"?

nope, bluray cases will only work in library mode, not in filemode.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:if you want fanart in filemode, best is to store a fanart.jpg image in each movie folder (assuming every movie is in it's own folder).

i do have a fanart.jpg in each movie folder, is there anything i have to do to enable it?

ronie Wrote:nope, bluray cases will only work in library mode, not in filemode.

Ok, is this something that could somehow be enabled in the future?
luisomar0 Wrote:i do have a fanart.jpg in each movie folder, is there anything i have to do to enable it?

strange....i need a Debug Log of you browsing your bluray folder to see what's going wrong.

luisomar0 Wrote:Ok, is this something that could somehow be enabled in the future?

nope, the skin needs the 'video resolution' info to decide whether to show a dvd case or a bluray case.
this info is not available in filemode.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:strange....i need a Debug Log of you browsing your bluray folder to see what's going wrong.

Will do when I get back.

ronie Wrote:nope, the skin needs the 'video resolution' info to decide whether to show a dvd case or a bluray case.
this info is not available in filemode.

Could i just change the dvd image to a bluray image so it always shows a bluray case? since all i have in that folder are blurays. If so where is that image stored?
luisomar0 Wrote:Could i just change the dvd image to a bluray image so it always shows a bluray case? since all i have in that folder are blurays. If so where is that image stored?

all skin images are compiled into one file, Textures.xbt
the image sources are available in the T! svn.
ronie Wrote:strange....i need a Debug Log of you browsing your bluray folder to see what's going wrong.

here is the log.

http://pastebin.ca/1991710

ronie Wrote:all skin images are compiled into one file, Textures.xbt
the image sources are available in the T! svn.

How would I go about replacing that image in textures.xbt? It sounds like its something out of my skills level Big Grin I'm probably just gonna have to leave it like that.
ok so i figured it out lol. the fanart was in each folder with the movie but it was named moviename-fanart.jpg so i renamed it to just fanart.jpg and now it shows up. Nod

Now if i could just figure out how to default to bluray cases instead of dvds... Big Grin

Any help on that matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again.
instructions on how to checkout the T! source from svn are in here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83643

after downloading, check the media directory and replace:
- case-dvd-inside.png
- case-dvd.png
- disc-dvd.png
with their bluray equivalents.

last step in to run Texturepacker on the media folder:
TexturePacker.exe -i media -o media\Textures.xbt
and replace the Textures.xbt file in the skin with the newly created one.
Awesome... Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart and dvd/bluray cases question0