This people are stealing your work!
Thumbs Down 
just found this:

http://www.neoplayer.com/multibox/pantallas.htm

those guys are selling a premodded xbox inside a different case and without the gamepad (optional) for 250 euros (an absolute rip-off).

that wouldn't be a problem, but they are including xbmc with the machine and mameox. they also say that this is a "pc-xbox system optimized for multimedia and gaming and based on linux".

you can also buy it online:

http://www.neoplayer.com/multibox/shop/i...p?cpath=21

absolutely amazing... Shocked
fitting in this particular case:

wtf?!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

looks cool to me... i mean this is open source stuff. they are not claiming they made it, they are just bundling it. there are a lot of newbs out there that cant instal it themselves.
do they give any kind of reference that it's opensource, made by us and not them etc etc ?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

well, if any of the devs would like credit where it is due....

administrative contact:
contact, admin [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
12005 main st.
houston, tx 77005
us
+1.8884079561 fax: +1.9282233448

from a whois lookup....internet is neat!
lol..

im sure if ppl ask they tell them they didnt make it. they say they instal xbmc on it. its like selling a computer with windows on it. it dosent mean they made it.

i dont think they have to show credit there.
Rainbow 
they don't claim they did xbmc. anyway, it's written in the 'about' window.

but i think it's wrong to sell this, because they're selling a xbox with unlicensed software in it.
Thumbs Up 
this is all nonense and needs to be dropped asap.

:thumbsup:

:fixed: pike edit: :hmm:

what needs to be dropped?

am i the only one thinking it's just a little bit wrong making money on other people's hard work (who don't get a cent) and not even give credit?

there's 2 issues to this coin, the legal issue, and the moral issue

well xbmc is licenced under the gpl which i'm pretty sure allows for commercial distribution without consent... as long as source code is provided (which could just be a link to the xbmc sf).

i think the real problem is that the binaries that are bundled are most likely illegal as they are likely compiled with copyrighted microsoft libraries and so really ms is the party with a beef here.

-ast
either way, i don't think ms would like it if they found out that someone was ripping out parts of their xboxes and selling them for more...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This people are stealing your work!0