How to launch an Applescript from my Harmony Remote
Hi,

As I said in the title I'd like to run an AppleScript to change my monitor refresh rate.

I'm running Dharma 10.1 and my scripts are working without a glitch from OSX.

I've tried many ways to run them but none is OK (my scripts are in a scripts folder in me/library/application support/XBMC/userdata) :
- XBMC.RunAppleScript("../scripts/24p.applescript")
- XBMC.Runscript("../scripts/24p.applescript")
- Without the XBMC prefix

But it doesn't work, I know I'm ok with keymap.xml since I've changed other settings and they work ok.

Any idea ?
telliouze Wrote:Hi,

As I said in the title I'd like to run an AppleScript to change my monitor refresh rate.

I'm running Dharma 10.1 and my scripts are working without a glitch from OSX.

I've tried many ways to run them but none is OK (my scripts are in a scripts folder in me/library/application support/XBMC/userdata) :
- XBMC.RunAppleScript("../scripts/24p.applescript")
- XBMC.Runscript("../scripts/24p.applescript")
- Without the XBMC prefix

But it doesn't work, I know I'm ok with keymap.xml since I've changed other settings and they work ok.

Any idea ?

I use Remote Buddy..
I'm also trying to run an aplescript, but am doing this from the Harmony keymap. I get exactly the same result. Nothing.

I've modified the keymap to do various other things, but for some reason the applescript fails to be launched.

<button id="82">XBMC.RunAppleScript(run script "Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/volumeDown.applescript")</button>

..RunScript("Users/[username]/Library/App...
All sorts of combos, but none are successful.

Suggestions?
Korey Wrote:I use Remote Buddy..

Shit costs money bro Sad
Image :cool:
Korey Wrote:I use Remote Buddy..

I'm curious - what Mac unit are you using with your Harmony and what IR remote is the Harmony set up to use (device type)?

I'm using Logitech's PS3 BT->IR adaptor with my Harmony and also use the Remote Buddy software on my Mac Mini running OSX. It works but there is a slight lag then translating from BT to IR, and the adaptor automaticly drops the BT connection after a few minutes which also takes extra seconds to reestablish.
So I'm basicly looking for a better solution and IR codes which my Harmony and Mac Mini/OSX can both use - I want to avoid using the BT->IR adaptor. The standard Apple remote does not have enough buttons for my use.
Beano Wrote:I'm curious - what Mac unit are you using with your Harmony and what IR remote is the Harmony set up to use (device type)?

I'm using Logitech's PS3 BT->IR adaptor with my Harmony and also use the Remote Buddy software on my Mac Mini running OSX. It works but there is a slight lag then translating from BT to IR, and the adaptor automaticly drops the BT connection after a few minutes which also takes extra seconds to reestablish.
So I'm basicly looking for a better solution and IR codes which my Harmony and Mac Mini/OSX can both use - I want to avoid using the BT->IR adaptor. The standard Apple remote does not have enough buttons for my use.

I don't have a Harmony, I have a Nevo Q50. Wink
I have a Mac Mini OSX 10.6.7. I have created custom mappings via Remote Buddy. Really quite easy to do anything you want with it..
Did you guys get this work?

I´m exactly in the same situation: managed to get them work on osx, but not in XBMC with harmony.

Is there coder-master-ninja or somebody who knows how the keymap.xml file has to coded exactly to get applescript work? I read the wiki, but didn´t find any solutions to this issue.

Do I need to configure XBMC or is it just configuring the keymap.mxl file?

Couldn´t find a guide saying: "this is how you run your applescript in xbmc with harmony". Is there any?

Remote buddy wasn´t for me... tried it already.

Thanks in advance.
perkins Wrote:Did you guys get this work?

I´m exactly in the same situation: managed to get them work on osx, but not in XBMC with harmony.

Is there coder-master-ninja or somebody who knows how the keymap.xml file has to coded exactly to get applescript work? I read the wiki, but didn´t find any solutions to this issue.

Do I need to configure XBMC or is it just configuring the keymap.mxl file?

Couldn´t find a guide saying: "this is how you run your applescript in xbmc with harmony". Is there any?

Remote buddy wasn´t for me... tried it already.

Thanks in advance.

Solved:

At the moment I wanted to use default Harmony keys to control XBMC. So I went to applications in my finder and clicked "XBMC" with right click and choose to see inside of the package.

There I looked for the keymaps (Resources,XBMC,System,Keymaps). Those are the defauld keymaps (I guess?)

Then opened up the joystick.Harmony.xml -file with xml editor. There I looked for the F1, F2, F3 functions of the remote and replaced the original line with: XBMC.RunScript(Refresh24.applescript)

The apple scripts are in /library/application support/XBMC/scrits folder.

Did the same for 50Hz and 60Hz scripts.

For some reason I had to disable remote from my XBMC settings and enable it again to get it work.

Now I have 3 buttons to change the refresh rate Big Grin

Hope this is going to be done soon automaticly, since it´s bit odd that it´s not done yet.

I´m not a fan of stuttering image... I think when we use media player, smooth image is the basic function and everything else should be build on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to launch an Applescript from my Harmony Remote0