Setting up philips srm 5100 remote as Live
Hi Everybody

I have tried to figure this out for a while but can't quite get my head around it.

I have been using the Live version of XBMC for a while and my Philips SRM 5100 remote worked out of the box.

I have now swithed to Windows because I would like to run some games as well. trouble is that my remote isn't behaving the way it did in XBMC Live. Green button start MCE and so forth. Has anybody made a configuration for MCE remotes so it works like it does in the Live version with the same keymappings? Big Grin
Your remote looks like an (RC6) but I am not sure if it's fully compatible!

I have created customised registry configuration for RC6 MS compatible remotes. Have a look at my thread, you'll find the link in my sig.

I do not now if the keymappings for live is quite different from my setup, but if my setup runs smoothly with your remote then you will find in section 2 a tiny app for remapping buttons or you can use the tutorial for a more know how approach. In both cases you'll be able to set your remote like you wish.

Follow the steps in my thread and you can't go wrong, if your remote is MS compatible then it will work with no issues Smile

Cheers,
EG.
Thank you will give a go tonight Smile
daninino Wrote:Thank you will give a go tonight Smile

Or install the MCERemote Addon. It's in the Programs section.

JR
@elitegamer360
Worked like a charme Big Grin

@jhsrennie
Didn't see that... well no worries, know that to next time I format, which will happen eventually Nerd
daninino Wrote:@elitegamer360
Worked like a charme Big Grin

Glad that it worked for you with no issues Laugh .

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up philips srm 5100 remote as Live0