TV Show Naming Convention for VIDEO_TS Folders
Can someone please clear up how I should be naming these files for XBMC to pick up properly and show the episodes. This is the first time I have had to deal with multiple episodes within a VIDEO_TS Folder and I am not clear on what to do.

I have a TV show ('Weeds' to be specific) that has five seasons and each season is broken up into two VIDEO_TS folders and XBMC is not picking up any of the episodes.

I found this thread on the same topic from about a year ago but it appears to be unresolved: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...n+VIDEO_TS

Here is the file structure as it stands now:

TV Shows
>Weeds
>>Weeds Season 1 Disc 1
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>Weeds Season 1 Disc 2
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>Weeds Season 2 Disc 1
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>Weeds Season 2 Disc 2
>>>VIDEO_TS

How should I change this to be picked up properly please?
Ranger Rob Wrote:Can someone please clear up how I should be naming these files for XBMC to pick up properly and show the episodes. This is the first time I have had to deal with multiple episodes within a VIDEO_TS Folder and I am not clear on what to do.

I have a TV show ('Weeds' to be specific) that has five seasons and each season is broken up into two VIDEO_TS folders and XBMC is not picking up any of the episodes.

I found this thread on the same topic from about a year ago but it appears to be unresolved: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...n+VIDEO_TS

Here is the file structure as it stands now:

TV Shows
>Weeds
>>Weeds Season 1 Disc 1
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>Weeds Season 1 Disc 2
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>Weeds Season 2 Disc 1
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>Weeds Season 2 Disc 2
>>>VIDEO_TS

How should I change this to be picked up properly please?

You should convert your DVD's to single video files.
So I should convert them to ISOs?
If you want, but I think he means ripping the DVD's into individual episodes, rather than a full disc image. If considering that option, I would recommend MakeMKV (Google it) its free and will convert your TV Show DVD's into individual episodes (mkv format).

The other option is as you suggest, convert to ISO format, but again to individual episodes - both DVD Shrink and DVD Fab can convert to that format.
I no longer have the DVDs. They have been passed on to my parents.

Will DVD Shrink or DVD Fab convert the VIDEO_TS files to episodes, or do I have to get the DVDs back?
As long as you have the DVD structure, either will convert from the file - no need to have the originals.
Thanks Steelman.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Naming Convention for VIDEO_TS Folders0