TV Show scrape doesn't work from Stora NAS
Hi,

Please excuse the brevity of this initial post as I've just got to pop out to pick my kids up from school.

The general gist of my problem is that I've started storing my media on a Netgear Stora NAS device and have installed XBMC Live 9.11 onto my HTPC. My main problem though is that any TV shows on the NAS can't be scraped (well, the process goes through but really slowly and no episodes are found). If I scrape shows on the external 2TB USB drive I have it works fine though.

I've just debugged a scrape on one folder that I've (hopefully) correctly renamed the shows on for this test. I'm thinking it's a permission problem but I've tried changing the folder and files on the NAS to rwx for all but this didn't fix it.

The log is here;

http://pastebin.ca/1994654

Anyway, I'll expand later if I need to.

Thanks,
Paul.
I had all sorts of problems when I put my files in the default stora folders. i.e. "MyVideos" "MyMusic" or "FamilyVideos" etc.

Instead I created my own folders in the root of the shares the stora sets up and so far it has worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.
Thanks RPete,

Pardon me for being a bit daft but did you do that through putty/ssh? is it just a samba share? I can't see any other way of doing that from the included software. Could you let me know the path you use please?

Cheers,
Paul.

Update:

I've done as suggested by following this guide http://www.openstora.com/wiki/index.php?...est_Accessand just created a folder called Media that should be accessible by all (I've even made it writeable to guest, not just read only) and I get exactly the same problem.
All I did wad create a new folder called Movies in the root of "MyLibrary". I don't remember if I did it via the mapped drive the software creates or via the stora app/web browser, but that was all I did, and then setup xbmc to look at the MyLibrary/Movies folder rather than "MyMovies"

I found if I used the pre created folders, even if I reset permissions I had loads of problems, especially with my music library and iTunes podcasts, which all seemed to be permission related, even though I had reset the permissions on the folders. I think I also set full control on the folders I created and since then I have had no issues.
I've done as you suggested. I think I've tried every possible combination of creating a new folder called Media, then TV Shows and Movies beneath it.

I've used the Stora web interface, through windows explorer and even through a terminal via putty.

Luckily I'm away this weekend so I won't end up doing an 'office space' on my NAS.

Could anyone who knows about the debug log tell me what the /MediaItems folder is that XBMC is trying to use on my NAS? I can't find one on it at all so I'm hoping it's a folder that Samba created as a temporary measure.

One other thing I tried was using Ember Media Manager. I managed to get a few shows scraped and listed fine on the NAS with this from my Windows 7 main PC. The correct files seem to have been made and are showing in the correct NAS folders. When I run a scan now from XBMC, it goes through much faster but still doesn't show any episodes. I don't know if I'm using Ember correctly or I have selected the right XBMC type of files to save the scrape data. Actual streaming of shows, movies and music works great though (something I don;t think I've mentioned before).
I could have created it using an ftp client. You could try that. I use filezilla which is free and serves my needs.

I hope you find a solution to it anyway.
Hi first post
My gear: revo 3700 ,dharma rc1 live and a stora 4TB jbod.
I tried everything mentioned above short of hacking the stora (later project)
I then remembered someone having success with connecting to the stora via smb. The only way I could see of connecting to the stora was via upnp-av which gave poor results.
My solution was when choosing the source to keep pressing the down arrow and highlighting "windows network (smb)" which was out of sight at the bottom of the screen.
You can then navigate through your network to the desired folder on your stora ( it doesn't have to be in the root).
You'll need to enter in the username and password the you set the stora up with - think this sorts out all the permissions etc.
My scrape after this was much better Cool

Hope this helps
Cheers
Iain
4 things come to mind.

1. Permissions
2. Protocol
3. Naming
4. Content not set correctly
Hi,

Thanks for the posts above. I fixed it the same way that eebo suggested a while ago now. I forgot to update this thread but did post the solution on the Stora forums. Don't use UPnP, just set it as a SMB share manually and it works a treat.

Now to ask Santa for a Revo 3700 and upgrade from Live 9.11.

Cheers,
Paul.
I have a similar issue, thought much worst, with my set up.

In short, I can't scrape any file at all from my readynas nv+.

I decided to get a readynas to host all my medias, pics and I enabled mysql on it to serve also as a db for all XBMC of the house. The idea came from this blog: http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house.

So I successfuly enabled the mysql on the readynas (though I still have problem starting it at boot) and created the schemas as suggested in the blog. I also created or edited the advancesetting.xml from all my XBMC to connect to the readynas mysql as follow:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.111.105</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.111.105</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

From my PC I connected to the mysql using mysql admin workbench with xbmc/xbmc as username/password to confirm I had a connection. I also saw there was a bunch off new tables, possibly created after I rebooted one of the XBMC. So I figure at this point I had everything I got.

Note that I reach my content of the NAS through samba shares on every XBMC. I can see and read the files no problems. Although there is a problem with my apple tv on iOS 4.3 which can't read h264 files...I am still waiting to see if there an update available. But that's another story.

So here I am ready to scrape all my content. So I set the content of my tv shows folder to tv shows and start the scan. The scan stops very quickly with nothing added. A scan on the movie folder seems to take more time with the same result: Nothing in my library

I also tried to go on one folder I know that worked before in the library and scan the content also with no luck.

So I found where the log was to see what's wrong. It says stuff like that:
14:05:04 T:118251520 M: 95707136 ERROR: SQL: The MySQL server has gone away
or
14:05:33 T:142802944 M:100552704 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist

Now what do I do wrong. How come the xbmc was able create some tables but no the ones for scraping?

Thank you and sorry for the long post!

-------------- set up:
XBMC 10 (r35647) on windows
XBMC 10.0 (r35468) live on old PC (ubuntu)
XBMC pre-10.0 Git:4b032be on apple tv2
all of them connected to linksys router through cable (windows) or wifi (ubuntu and atv2)
Netgear Readynas NV+ also connected to linksys router through ethernet cable (of course Smile
A friend of mine I built a freenas solution for had a problem like this recently. It was all about permissions. He first tried to log in as anon to the samba share with his laptop and could not delete anything that transmission downloaded for him. Once I got him logging in as a user that had admin rights and one that had a password in the passwd file he was good. Permissions.

In your case you have a db on your share. Therefore everything that db touches is likely going to be owned by that db or the group associated to that db. Have you tried to log in to the share with the admin user and password associated with the db? It sounds like you have read only to the files but the scraper does not have permissions to write anything to the directory in question. If you had a web based file manager you could log in as admin and get in to the properties for the folders in question and check all the boxes associated with the permissions and that may get you going. Be careful not to defeat the db in the process by disallowing it access to the same directories. Hope it helps.
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
First thank you for your reply. I'm trying to understand what I should do here...

quotaholic Wrote:In your case you have a db on your share. Therefore everything that db touches is likely going to be owned by that db or the group associated to that db
My db is on my network through port 3306 not on a samba share, what do you mean?
quotaholic Wrote:. Have you tried to log in to the share with the admin user and password associated with the db?
I don't know how to do that. When XBMC starts it doesn't ask for a user, and that is the way I like it. When I connect to a share, it also does not ask for credential.
quotaholic Wrote:It sounds like you have read only to the files but the scraper does not have permissions to write anything to the directory in question. If you had a web based file manager you could log in as admin and get in to the properties for the folders in question and check all the boxes associated with the permissions and that may get you going. Be careful not to defeat the db in the process by disallowing it access to the same directories. Hope it helps.
...but the db for the scraper is the same xbmc uses, no? If I set to be mysql it is no more a folder or file issue? I'm completly lost...

As far as I understand, the mysql on my nas is a different process throught a different port and has nothing to do with share or file system users and groups. But I may be wrong. Anyhow, I modified the owner of the share files under media for them to be own by xbmc user. I also gave chmod 777 (full rights) on all files in that share. I even tried to add xbmc in the root group, but that wouldn't let me...result, same problem.

here is a more complete sample of log when I try to do a simple thing, force a mark as watched:
Code:
19:40:06 T:2180 M:910233600   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select * from movieview order by idMovie desc limit 4
19:40:06 T:2180 M:910229504   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetArbitraryQuery failed
19:40:06 T:2180 M:910790656   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select * from episodeview order by idepisode desc limit 4
19:40:06 T:2180 M:910237696   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetArbitraryQuery failed
19:40:11 T:3628 M:910913536   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x01 - Pilot.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:11 T:3628 M:910897152   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x01 - Pilot.avi) failed
19:40:11 T:3628 M:910962688   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x02 - The Big Bran Hypothesis.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:11 T:3628 M:910958592   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x02 - The Big Bran Hypothesis.avi) failed
19:40:11 T:3628 M:910888960   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x03 - The Fuzzy Boots Corollary.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:11 T:3628 M:910888960   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x03 - The Fuzzy Boots Corollary.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:905986048   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x01 - Pilot.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:905977856   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x01 - Pilot.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:2180 M:905818112   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
19:40:13 T:2180 M:905818112   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x01 - Pilot.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:2180 M:905715712   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
19:40:13 T:2180 M:905715712   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x01 - Pilot.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:2180 M:905682944   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
19:40:13 T:2180 M:905682944   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x01 - Pilot.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:905531392   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x02 - The Big Bran Hypothesis.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:905531392   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x02 - The Big Bran Hypothesis.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:904962048   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x03 - The Fuzzy Boots Corollary.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:904962048   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x03 - The Fuzzy Boots Corollary.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:904294400   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x04 - The Luminous Fish Effect.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:904294400   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x04 - The Luminous Fish Effect.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:902504448   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x05 - The Hamburger Postulate.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:902410240   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x05 - The Hamburger Postulate.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:899338240   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x06 - The Middle Earth Paradigm.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:899317760   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x06 - The Middle Earth Paradigm.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:3936 M:898670592   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '01x07 - The Dumpling Paradox.avi' and idPath=31
19:40:13 T:3936 M:898670592   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://COPERNIC/media/TV Shows/The Big Bang Theory/Season 1/01x07 - The Dumpling Paradox.avi) failed
19:40:13 T:2204 M:896663552  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
19:40:14 T:2204 M:902086656   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '' and idPath=29
19:40:14 T:2204 M:902086656   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddFile unable to addfile ()
19:40:14 T:2328 M:897265664  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
19:40:14 T:2328 M:902082560   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idFile from files where strFileName like '' and idPath=29
19:40:14 T:2328 M:902082560   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddFile unable to addfile ()
19:40:14 T:2328 M:898646016  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
19:40:14 T:2328 M:901767168   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
I did not read the article you followed on how to set up one library to feed to multiple xbmc head ends in the home. I assumed that the db read the files on the share(s) and also wrote to those directories. I am assuming that you do db admin through a port?

Okay so you access your shares without a login, in anon fashion. I was thinking more about changing the user in the add source or edit source section as that is when we enter the loging information (if used) in to xbmc. At least on network shares that require a login.

When you login to the database what login and password are you using?

Is it possible to set up your SMB share to require a password and login?

If so can we enter the admin user of the database in the network share section of "add source" within XBMC? We can ask XBMC to store this information but only do this after you prove that it works a few times over.

In order for scrapers to work they need both read and write access to the directories you have allocated for things like fanart and movie poster and dvd thumbs. When you set up the one database configuration from the article did you move the folder locations where scraped information is deposited? Is this the same area that the db reads and writes to? If yes I would set up a login in your smb perferences and login as the db admin and ask xbmc to remember the login information after it is proven to work.

When you log out of the share and back in do the folders still show as status of 777 from chmod? Or are they back to their old status?
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
The user and password I use to connect to the DB is xbmc/xbmc. This user has all the rights on this mysql.

From what I understand, the scraper read on the share the titles of the tv shows and search on the web, when he finds a match he will insert in the db through port 3306. I don't think the scraper will ever write on any samba share. The DB is not on a share.

I know xbmc connect to the mysql because it once created a bunch of tables. But the scraper system doesn't seems to be able to do so. I don't know why...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show scrape doesn't work from Stora NAS0