Harmony Remote losing function
System: Asrock ION330 with Windows 7
Version: Dharma Beta 4

Problem: I'm having a problem with my Harmony remote losing the functions specified in the keymap.xml. The remote's setup to mimic a MCE remote; function 'Remote send keyboard presses' is enabled.

In my keymap.xml, the letter 'i' is configured to perform action 'Info' and also mapped (quite logically) to the button 'Info' on my remote. The following problem occurs now and then (unfortunately not reproducable, but it always occurs after ten minutes or so fiddling with the remote), the button 'Info' all of sudden stops performing action 'Info', but instead sends out just the letter 'i'. This is just one example; 'c' for action 'Context Menu' just sends 'c' etc.....

Debug log: Here
Problem starts at the third entry at 10:54:02, things I noticed are: modifier all of a sudden gets a value and 'trying keyboard action' isn't followed by a number anymore.

Please help Smile
Presumably the offending lines are:

DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 42, sym: 304, unicode: 0, modifier: 40
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 127136 pressed, action is
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 56, sym: 308, unicode: 0, modifier: 41
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 258208 pressed, action is
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 91, sym: 311, unicode: 0, modifier: 141
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 520352 pressed, action is
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 29, sym: 305, unicode: 0, modifier: 151
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 1044640 pressed, action is
etc

For some reason XBMC thinks various modifier keys are being held down. The modifier value is a combination of:

Code:
XBMCKMOD_NONE  = 0x0000
XBMCKMOD_LSHIFT= 0x0001
XBMCKMOD_RSHIFT= 0x0002
XBMCKMOD_LSUPER= 0x0010
XBMCKMOD_RSUPER= 0x0020
XBMCKMOD_LCTRL = 0x0040
XBMCKMOD_RCTRL = 0x0080
XBMCKMOD_LALT  = 0x0100
XBMCKMOD_RALT  = 0x0200
XBMCKMOD_LMETA = 0x0400
XBMCKMOD_RMETA = 0x0800
XBMCKMOD_NUM   = 0x1000
XBMCKMOD_CAPS  = 0x2000
XBMCKMOD_MODE  = 0x4000

so starting at the third event for 10:54:02 XBMC thinks that the left control key is down (0x40) then ctrl-shift (0x41) then ctrl-alt-shift (0x141) then ctrl-shift-alt-windows (0x151) and so on.

Why this should be escapes me. I can't think of anything in XBMC that could cause it so my guess is it's your handset. Have you got the original MS handset? If so you could see if it does the same.

Are you using any helper software, like Eventghost, that might be contributing to the problem?

JR
Thanks for the reply!!

I have to admit though that I made an error in my first post. The Harmony is mimicking an MCE Keyboard. Btw, I haven't got any helper-software like Eventghost installed. I'm going to try to get the Harmony to make use of the remote.xml instead of the keymap.xml (that one was easier to configure Smile ) and see if the problem re-occurs.

Again, thanks for the assistance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Remote losing function0