• 26(current)
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library
(2015-01-10, 20:48)nickr Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 17:48)hermy65 Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 00:59)nickr Wrote: On your adult computer use VideosAdult and on the kids use VideosKids. Or whatever names you prefer.

I still feel like im missing something with this. Lets say i have already set up the database and done the export/import on my main machine that has everything on it. Then i go to my child machine and add the sql info to the advancedsettings and then just add the name tag of Kids or whatever and it automatically just shows the Kids stuff? It seems like there is a step missing somewhere in there where i would have to define which folders or libraries or locations need to be associated with a name tag
I assumed you had different sources set up for the two computers and were scraping on each one.

I have two clients, 1 has everything on it and the other only has kids stuff on it
And you want each to have an independent database on mysql right? So give each a separate name. I can't figure which bit is giving you problems.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-10, 22:33)nickr Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 22:29)judocama Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 21:47)nickr Wrote: So in your database, what is the path to one of these posters?

Is in mi userdata and thrs directory i have it sharing in my network vía nfs.
The exact path from the database please.

Yosemite/Usuarios/JuanDo/Libreria/Application Support/Kodi/

This is the directory in my local Mac where I have also running mysql.
An This directory also I have shared vía nfs Manager in my network

Thanks in advance
no I asked for you to look IN the database and tell me the path that the database records for a piece of artwork.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-10, 23:25)nickr Wrote: And you want each to have an independent database on mysql right? So give each a separate name. I can't figure which bit is giving you problems.

I can surely make 2 separate databases. My initial question was asking if i could do it all through one database.
(2015-01-11, 02:05)hermy65 Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 23:25)nickr Wrote: And you want each to have an independent database on mysql right? So give each a separate name. I can't figure which bit is giving you problems.

I can surely make 2 separate databases. My initial question was asking if i could do it all through one database.
In that case I completely misunderstood your question. Sorry about that. I thought you were trying to put your two databases on one server.
(2015-01-11, 03:09)nickr Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 02:05)hermy65 Wrote:

In that case I completely misunderstood your question. Sorry about that. I thought you were trying to put your two databases on one server.

Not a problem. So back to my original question, is it possible to make my current setup work using mysql?
It is possible to make it work with MySQL in exactly the way I have already described with separate databases for each client. The way to create separate databases is to use the <name> parameter.
Morning folks, I think I might have fumbled my way through the setup and even got it working but is there a way to check this with only one of my clients running at the moment (New kitchen & decorating is spoiling my fun!)?

Could I use something like Sequel Pro to check the database stored on the server or what files are created by MySQL when its actually working correctly?
yes, a relevant table to query is movie in database MyVideosNN (where NN is dependent on what version ox XBMC/KODI you are running. movie contains your movie info.

Code:
SELECT c00 FROM movie;
will show all your movie titles (yes the field names are retarded I'm afraid, I would expect the title field to be called, well 'title', but c'est la vie)

Whether you do this from the commandline, or from some gui should be immaterial.
(2015-01-10, 23:47)nickr Wrote: no I asked for you to look IN the database and tell me the path that the database records for a piece of artwork.

Sorry, just realized this computer because if you saw the pictures. It was because when I made the disc scrapper had not modified the advancesettings and I recorded the images locally and mysql at a time.
5 years and not a single person has done a tutorial actually worth watching...I dont get it. There are Kodi/XBMC tuts out there that explain how to do things a monkey could learn to do, but there's no solid tut for this. I'm used to working with hardware and software that TELLS me if I've done something right or wrong. Following text tutorials has lead me nowhere.

And when you ask for help, people assume you're on Linux...Please...Someone take 15min of your time and make a true step by step guide to this for Windows as well. Linux tuts are of no use to me since the commands seem to be completely different. A 15min video stickied on the forums would save a lot of people a lot of time.
Hi guys, don't know where to post this but it seems when my remote chromebox update his library the MYSQL is rescanning every path even if there's no change to it. This does take a long time, 3min41 for a library update.

Here's my pastebin : http://goo.gl/oWV2M5
(2015-02-20, 15:47)RamboUnchained Wrote: 5 years and not a single person has done a tutorial actually worth watching...I dont get it. There are Kodi/XBMC tuts out there that explain how to do things a monkey could learn to do, but there's no solid tut for this. I'm used to working with hardware and software that TELLS me if I've done something right or wrong. Following text tutorials has lead me nowhere.

And when you ask for help, people assume you're on Linux...Please...Someone take 15min of your time and make a true step by step guide to this for Windows as well. Linux tuts are of no use to me since the commands seem to be completely different. A 15min video stickied on the forums would save a lot of people a lot of time.
Is the process not fully described, for windows, here? http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows
How to search, it's easy Click the link, you will have your video
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library1