• 17(current)
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library
Since you say that you have the file in the right location I would check to make sure that it has the right file name. If it isn't one of those two things then I am not sure, someone with more experience may hopefully have some more ideas.
Yes, this is annoying! lol

I have copied and pasted the name of the file. Deleted and started from scratch. Copied and pasted the path into explorer. Tried naming it .xml and just saving it AS an xml. This is very frustrating! This is supposed to be the easy part! Smile
You do have your computer set to show all file extensions right? If not you make have a file called advancedsettings.xml but it really is something like advancedsettings.xml.txt with the .txt being hidden.
I thought of that too... it says "Type of file: XML Document (.xml)" under properties.

And I copied and pasted the name straight from the log file AND copied and pasted the path from the log file into explorer to make sure they were correct.

I even place the file into the /xbmc/system/ directory to see if it would grab it there!

For whatever reason, it looks like XBMC is ignoring the file.
Could the file itself be set up wrong? Like too many spaces, or not far enough from the top? I have no idea! lol
So.... I may have solved the problem. i took the .xml off of the file.
Importing library now, I will report back.
Well a database is being crated. I can see it now. So I am going to assume that was my problem.

File this one under "Do not follow the directions exactly!" lol
Lightbulb 
I have a access issue. Current setup is:
  • Windows Home server 2011
  • AppleTV2 with XBMC EDEN
  • Windows 7 with XBMC EDEN
  • MySQL is installed on the WHS.

Everything works like a charm in terms of MySql and how the database information is shares, read, modified between the Win7 and the AppleTV.

BUT when selecting a movie at the AppleTV and the AppleTV is trying to access the SMB share I get an error message telling me that the file is not longer available.

After trying to troubleshoot number of things I checked the Windows Home Server 2011 logfiles and user "mobile" has an failed authentication.

I searched through number of posts on the web and discussings about NIS, Kerberos, NFS.. Anyone who knows how to allow the AppleTV access to the shares?
Sorry... mistake
This mean anything to anybody?

16:14:19 T:2836 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't
16:14:47 T:2836 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'Y:\\TV\\','','')
16:14:47 T:2836 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'Y:\\TV\\','',''))

That is obviously my TV folder. But again, I can see and play the files there, they just will NOT show up under the TV Library!

My problem was that I didn't use sms path.
MrWedel

Try this and see if it helps, I had the same kind of problem with Win 7 hosting my files and this seems to have fixed it for me so far. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=959...stcount=18
block134 Wrote:MrWedel

Try this and see if it helps, I had the same kind of problem with Win 7 hosting my files and this seems to have fixed it for me so far. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=959...stcount=18

Checked my server and it already has these settings..
But I am not sure how that would help the credential issue I have.
I get 50 Audit failed errors on the server when starting the XBMC on the Apple TV.
XBMC is presenting itself as "mobile" and there are no "mobile" user on the server and it does not help if I add a user to the server called mobile and gives is alpine as psw..
I need a little help! New to mysql and having a few problems. Have everything set up and sharing libraries from MySQL. But i'm struggling to apply the index tweaks in post #5 of this thread.

When I apply the code, it reports back:
Query OK, 0 records affected
Records: 0 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

But I have 200+ records in the movie table. Why are no records updated? Could it be an access problem? I'm logged into root.

thanks for any advice
Dave
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
I'm getting the error "firewall exception rule not applied" or something like that, when i get done with the initial configuration of MySQL.

I've forwarded the port 3306 in my router, and added an exception for the installer and the TCP/UDP ports in windows firewall.

I go through the user creation in the server and create the databases.
When running the command: SELECT host,user from mysql.user;
I get a return with the ip 127.0.0.1, instead of the machine ip. I'm lost. Should i be pointing the AS.xml to that ip address, or my machine's local ip, as set with the router?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I've read through this thread. I still can't get XBMC to perform using a shared mySQL database with a large video library.

I've applied all the mySQL tweaks
I've applied the SMB registry tweaks
I've used symlinks
I've tried syncing via SyncToy
I've tried Dharma
I've tried Eden
Tried MySql 5.1 and MySql 5.5

Still, the performance is atrocious if you have a large library, e.g. 1000+ movies. It takes 30-40 seconds to load. At this point, I am thinking sharing a large XMBC database among multiple XBMC clients isn't feasible practically. Technically it works, but the performance in loading the library isn't responsive enough.

Anything else I could check? Or are others also experiencing the same performance with 1000+ movies.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library1