• 22(current)
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello
I have some issue using xbmc 13.1 on win7 and MySQL 5.5.36 on freebsd 9.2 on network.
When the scrapper doesn't find the film, I choose Manual, I fill the correct name, press OK, the scrapper find the film, I choose the film but XBMC doesn't update the database with the scrapper information.
I made the same test without MySQL database (default db) and there is no issue.
I test with differents scrappers and MySQL and the probleme exists for all
Here a debug log : http://pastebin.com/B4aVRcN9

The only update on movie table done by XBMC is
Code:
DEBUG: Mysql execute: update movie set c11=7095 where idFile=9324 and c11=''
So there is no name, description ... for the film in is case.

Thanks for your consideration
Ok I think I have something screwed up here in MySQL database...

For artwork, I select against my art table and I see multiple locations, some point to my server and some point to image.tmdb.com (which is my preference)...

How do I go about refreshing all these images to point to TMDB so that I can get rid of these local files?
Also, can someone tell me the relationship between the MySQL database and the cached images that reside on the local boxes?

For instance, I do a quick search in the actors table and I see a URL that points to TMDB...

However when I browse the userdata folder, I see actor images...is this where the images are being stored from the TMDB URL?
I believe that they are cached in .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have a quick question, I am setting up a MySQL database for the parents on an old macbook that I have turned into a "Server," it holds their movies and hopefully the MySQL DB. My Question is I want to run XBMC on there server too, for traveling and populating the DB for the first time, and I was wondering if the source address matters, for example XBMC@Server connects locally, XBMC@FTV connects over SMB/AFP. What I want to know is if the DB stores the file URL for the movie instance, which if it does I'd imagine that would stop this from working.

Thanks
You will need to use path substitution.
Thanks, so it would be like this right? :

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>SMB://192.168.1.19/Movies/</from>
<to>/Volumes/G-Drive/Movies</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I would do this before setting up the sources or just before adding them to the library??

Thanks again
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
You don't need to set up any sources on the second machine, nor do you need to scan/scrape.
Oh I was talking about the Server. For simplicity I wanted the DB to have the smb share and sub the server's path that way its just easier to manage. The wiki seams to lack some information on how this works, does it sub in the DB only and I just tell the server to connect locally or is it substituting for all interactions with the source. Also it would probably flipped in both cases:
<to>/Volumes/G-Drive/Movies</to>
<from>SMB://192.168.1.19/Movies/</from>
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
If you don't already have a library and starting from scratch best practice is to not use local connection on the server but connect via network share. That way the in SQL all the video paths are the correct network addresses. This is in the wiki. I use a windows 8 HTPC as my server, I created an SMB share of my video folder and then added the SMB share to XBMC. After adding my SQL info to the advancedsettings.xml I added it aswell as my sources.xml and passwords.xml to all my other devices (PC, rasp pi's and Nexus 7) and then there is no other setup needed on the other devices.

Just follow the step by step guide in the wiki and you shouldn't have any problems.
You don't need to copy the sources.xml between machines, unless you intend on editing stuff on them. The paths are all in the MySQL database anyway. The only time you really need the sources.xml duplicated is if you want to edit art or something. Without the sources.xml, the client won't have the paths to be able to do it.

I have my xbmc setup like this on purpose, so my kids can't change anything !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-06-27, 15:57)black_eagle Wrote: I have my xbmc setup like this on purpose, so my kids can't change anything !!

Nice tip, my lack of kids means I like having full control everywhere but I can see where a locked down solution might be a good idea.
(2014-06-27, 15:38)hosko Wrote: If you don't already have a library and starting from scratch best practice is to not use local connection on the server but connect via network share. That way the in SQL all the video paths are the correct network addresses. This is in the wiki. I use a windows 8 HTPC as my server, I created an SMB share of my video folder and then added the SMB share to XBMC. After adding my SQL info to the advancedsettings.xml I added it aswell as my sources.xml and passwords.xml to all my other devices (PC, rasp pi's and Nexus 7) and then there is no other setup needed on the other devices.

Just follow the step by step guide in the wiki and you shouldn't have any problems.

Ya I was fallowing the wiki for MySQL and have it all setup. My question now is when and how to use path substitution sense the wiki is a little unclear about it. See they will be moving and plan to take the server (a macbook) with them to bring all the movies but they will also have other devices after moving so you see I can't have it connect remotely to access the media sense it will be on the move. What I was hoping that I could use path substitution to by pass the network and connect locally when they are on the move. But from the looks of it would have to effect both sources and the DB for it to work. I might just use profiles and export the DB once its fully populated but I need to do more research.

Thanks
One question about mysql. Can I use uniform server (uniformserver.com) instead of mysql.com? I would prefer not to install additional software of possible.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library1