[LINUX] More use of CPU of pvr-testing2
Hi all,

i have an acer revo with ION chipset. I have installed ubuntu 10.04 and xbmc pvr-testing2 without any Desktop Environment ( i have used this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=pvr+dvr ). I noticed that the CPU usage for the process of xbmc is constant 25% ~ 30%. Now, my HTPC is on my living room and the fun noise is very annoying. With a manual compiling of pvr-testing2 can resolve this?

Thanks!
First off, pvr-testing2 is a branch which is open for you to test. However it is a branch and not mainline, i.e. not supported by the team-xbmc. So problems with the actual pvr stuff is considered to be tested and might be fixed. Anything outside pvr you need to use stable to get support.

Also XBMC uses a game loop design which have been discussed numerous times so search for it and you'll get an explanation about why it is and what it means and what the effects of it are.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Ok, i know that is testing, my question is if I compile a latest version I can resolve this problem? I don't understand your response ( excuse me, but my english is not better Tongue ).

TNK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] More use of CPU of pvr-testing20