Load XBMC straight into...
Star 
Please could someone tell me if it is possible to open XBMC straight into:-
Movies, TV, Pictures, ect. via a shortcut or command line.
Check your skin settings
Would this be skin dependent then. What I mean is I would like a selection of shortcuts that open XBMC into each section.
Star 
Ninjamin Wrote:Would this be skin dependent then. What I mean is I would like a selection of shortcuts that open XBMC into each section.
Yes this is mostly skin dependant, but I guess you could start hacking away. I'm using Transparency! which under skins allows you to hide all the home window buttons and additionally allows for 3 Custom buttons (+ sub menu's) So I suspect that would be enough...
See Settings->Appearance. XBMC can load a specific window at startup regardless of skin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ninjamin Wrote:Would this be skin dependent then. What I mean is I would like a selection of shortcuts that open XBMC into each section.

I can't think of an easy way to do this. There are no command line flags to specify what page XBMC opens on startup. You can have a Python script run at startup (by naming it autoexec.py and putting it in, erm, some directory that I forget). Conceivably you could play some clever tricks with this script to achieve what you want, though it would be a bit hacky.

JR
Is it worth asking for a feature request?
How about you just read my post?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:How about you just read my post?

If I understand Ninjamin's post correctly, he wants to have separate desktop shortcuts that open different pages i.e. double-clicking one shortcut runs XBMC and goes straight to Music while double-clicking a different shortcut runs XBMC bt goes straight to Videos.

You could still use the skin settings but you'd need the shortcut to run a batch file that copies different versions of guisettings.xml aound the starts XBMC.

@Ninjamin: I'd be surprised if this feature were to be added to XBMC as there are plenty of other things to occupy the developers time.

JR
Smile 
jhsrennie Wrote:If I understand Ninjamin's post correctly, he wants to have separate desktop shortcuts that open different pages i.e. double-clicking one shortcut runs XBMC and goes straight to Music while double-clicking a different shortcut runs XBMC bt goes straight to Videos.
Exactly what I'm after thank you I'll have a look into this. See if it meets my needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Load XBMC straight into...0