• 1(current)
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows
XMM is a tool with which you can manage your media collection (movies and tv shows) and then export the nfo and images that XBMC can make use of.

Download the latest version of xmm2.
Latest: build 2.1.6 (25 March 2011)

What can it do?

* Manage your Movie and TVShow collection.
* Collect information from themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com
* Collect meta information from the video files.
* Easily navigate your media in a tree view similar to windows file explorer.
* Download images related to your media (like fanart, posters and banners).
* Show all the information you need on the right-hand pane.
* Start playback right from within xmm, no need to navigate through your folders to find it.
* Auto Rename folders and files to proper names of your movies and shows.
* Mark and keep track of what you have watched, the quality of your videos, ratings, etc.
* Export to XBMC .nfo format!
* And more.

What does it look like?

Image Image Image

Can you fix this bug or add that feature?
Yes, but only if it will not take too much time. I have started work on XMM3 and rather spend the time to get it out as soon as possible since it will be a major improvement on xmm2.

Runtime, country, this or that info is missing, add it!
Sorry, the way XMM2's DB works won't allow me to add these without breaking it for everyone who is allready using the app. I've learned my lesson and won't make this mistake in v3.

Crashes right away when i try to open it on server 2008R2 with .NET 4.0. Tried running as administrator and with xp/vista compability modes.
Install the .NET 3.5 feature set from the Server manager.

Where is the OSX or Linux version?
XMM2 will not have a native version for OSX or Linux. I hope to port XMM3 to Linux and OSX once it is stable enough to do so.

How can I preview a movie in a player, toggle watched, etc?
Select an item and Right-Click on it for a pop-up menu with some more options.

Does is support extra fanart/thumbs/logos/clearart?
No, only normal fanart, banner and poster. None of the extras that the various skins might support.

Does this scrape -insert_site_here- ?
It only collect information from themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com

Does is support files with multiple episodes in it (Closer.S01E01E02E03E04.ISO)?
No, and I can not fix that in v2. Will have to wait for the support in version 3.

When a new movie gets added, it adds () to the title. XMM is not finding my movies.
If you have () in the title, XMM will not remove it by default. I forgot to incl it in the default cleanup expression.
That might happen if you had a movie folder that looks something like this "Hackers (2001)" where () is used inside the name.

Go to Config -> Regex tab and under "Cleanup Pattern" add the following additional lines (don't edit or remove the current lines).

(\(.*\))
({.*})

These should remove {} and () in addition to []
I originally wrote the app to only work with folders names "Movie [year]" or "Movie Name alone" but it does have some ability to clean up the folder via those regex mentioned above. You might have to remove the Group and re-add it for the new regex to kick in since xmm will just skip any folders it knows off already when you use Tools -> Active Group -> Scan Folders and would not apply the new cleanup.

What do the different colours of text indicate within the media tree?
Red is used when the folder/file can't be found after a "Scan Folders" was run. For example when you moved or renamed something.
Blue = new items/ unwatched
Black = items you've watched.
You can toggle between watched/unwatched with the right-click menu on the media list.

How can I make a collection and add movies to it?
It does not work exactly like XBMC. Basically, you have to have a folder structure like this ...

Harry Potter Collection
- First movie folder
-----stuff
- Second Movies folder
-----stuff
- etc folder
-----stuff

So XMM would tag the folder "Harry Potter Collection" as a collection since it contains a bunch of movie folders. In edit mode you will see a checkbox for this near the top and to the right (on the edit/ right hand panel).

Is it possible to just scrape one item?
Look at this post.

Are you keeping this closed sourced?
Yes.

ETA on XMM3?
I rather not set a date since I have a lot of projects going on at the same time.

enjoy Wink
from where does it gets informations?
ppic Wrote:from where does it gets informations?

The usual candidates, tmdb, tvdb, imdb, etc. There is support for the XBMC range of scrapers in there but its rough and need some attention, so I mostly use the tmdb and tvdb scrapers myself.
Could you elaborate in what way it is different from version 1? Is this version fully compatible with XBMC?
Orbi Wrote:Could you elaborate in what way it is different from version 1? Is this version fully compatible with XBMC?

Just from looking at the screenshost you can see it is much more organised and more complete than v1 (are there still people using xmm1 Shocked)

The big difefrence between v2 and v1 is that v2 now saves all data to a sqlite db and you need to use export to generate the nfo files and images. It does not work directly with the nfo and image files in the folders any longer.

I've tested the export function and xbmc seems to correctly load the nfo files and images that are exported. Well, I personally use xmm2 to create my xbmc data and is happy with the results so far - that is what I created it for and thought it was about time I shared it (v2 has been usable for the past 6 months :o)

Btw, I've added s small patch (build 201). Totally forgot to import from nfo files while running a scrape.

build 2.0.1 (19 Nov 2010)
* Fixed small bug with exporter.
* XMM will read data from XBMC .Nfo file while scanning folders. Also added option to skip scraping if Nfo was read.
* Images can now be deleted from item image lists (in art selection window).
This looks like a neat program.

Anyway you could add support for extra fanart, extra thumbs, & logos?

Also, can this program be run via command line? If not, that would be another suggested feature

Great work BTW!! Big Grin
feerlessleadr Wrote:Anyway you could add support for extra fanart, extra thumbs, & logos?

You can select different art from lists when you click on the buttons next to the fanart/banner/poster url entries in edit mode. See how to change images. Or am I way off as to what you meant?
sorry about that, but I should have been more clear.

Extra Fanart, Extra Thumbs and logos are all seperate images from the main fanart and thumbs.

Extra Fanart & Extra Thumbs can be placed in seperate folders within the tv show/movie folder and on some skins the skin will cycle through the fanart/thumb in that folder. I know that the Night skin does this.

For logos, they are actual tv show logos that can be displayed in the skins for tv shows. The naming convention is logo.png and they are placed in the root tv show folder. They can be scraped from http://www.lockstockmods.net/clearart/
ooh, nice. I just stick to normal stuff in XBMC.
I doubt that I will add that kind of feature now. When I get more free time again I want to start work on a v3 and look into working closer with the XBMC cache and DB, etc and then I could also look into all these extra things that skins support - but that is when I get free time.
glad to see you back, xyber, i used xMM1, nice and powerful app.
One question: TV Shows season folder is mandatory? Can't get it to work with video files in one parent folder Sad (episodes not loaded from .nfo and i can't re-scrape them)
Cheers!
sergiocos Wrote:glad to see you back, xyber, i used xMM1, nice and powerful app.
One question: TV Shows season folder is mandatory? Can't get it to work with video files in one parent folder Sad (episodes not loaded from .nfo and i can't re-scrape them)
Cheers!

Shows in one parent should work, I regularly use it that way for new series or mini-series which don't have more than one season.
How is your video files named?

[edit] Oh, the nfo files did not load? I will check, maybe I messed up and is skipping eps in a parent in that case. With normal scraping it should work though. Check if you can't manually load the nfo files when in "edit mode" by clicking on the load button in the right hand panel.

[edit] My bad! I have the movies and eps nfo importer parts still commented out Confused Did it while I was doing some testing on the shows and seasons section ... argh. I'm just bussy adding the "folderator" Tongue and will then uplaod build 2.0.2 with the fixes.

[edit] build 2.0.2 (19 Nov 2010) is now available
* Fixed bug with importer.
* Added the Foldenator, a tool which can auto craete fodlers and move files into these folders
When I export to XBMC, the banners get converted to the thumbnails instead of the posters. Is there a setting to get it to use the posters?
supersplice Wrote:When I export to XBMC, the banners get converted to the thumbnails instead of the posters. Is there a setting to get it to use the posters?

I will add options to the export window so that you can select how the eporter should act. Should have a new build ready later today.
xyber Wrote:I will add options to the export window so that you can select how the eporter should act. Should have a new build ready later today.

Thanks xyber! Big Grin
Hello,

Your tool looks almost perfect! A user previously asked about command line ability. Can this be run by command line now and if not, will it be something that could be added in the future?

Thanks,
Mark
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows1