Video Playlist, scrapes from Movies folder?
Newbie here, been playing with Front Row, Plex, XBMC. I use a Mac/OS X.

I like Youtube videos, like Classical Music. I've been organizing them in a subfolder "Youtube" in the ~/Movies folder, according to:

- composer (e.g., Chopin, Beethoven)
- artist (e.g., Kissin, Rubinstein)
- violin
- piano
- theme

I've been using VLC as a player, which has playlist capability. Works great.

I want to do the same in XBMC: scrape from my ~/Movies folder

XBMC has Videos/Video Playlists menu, where I can create smart video-playlists. I just defined a "Chopin" & "Kissin" smart playlist. Set it up as "file contains" Chopin & Kissin (respectively). They are still empty..something's not working. Is XBMC scraping from ~/Movies?

Sorry about the dumb question, but I've Googled extensively & still can't figure it out!!

I did find this article:

http://panditrealm.co.cc/tag/xbmc/

Quote:Instead of relying on your media center software to scrape multiple internet sources and build an enormous database—which, as we mentioned above, you'll have to rebuild all over again if anything goes wrong—media managers inject media information into the individual folders that your media is stored in. Media managers give you way more control over tweaking the images and art used to identify your media, and even if your whole XBMC installation becomes corrupted and the database is shot to hell, you'll be able to rebuild the database in a matter of minutes and it'll be just as perfect as it was without any intensive web-database crawling or hand tweaking. XBMC gives preferences to local information and won't scrape the internet if the information it needs is present with the media.

The above implies XBMC (& others) scrape from your computer AND Internet. I only want from computer (~/Movies folder), is this possible?

Can someone also recommend a good media-manager for Mac OS X?
I found an article which seems to answer my question:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/09/...with-xbmc/

In XBMC/Videos, you go into "Add Source" to define the location of videos (to be scraped). However, my Youtube videos don't fall into the category of Movies, TV Shows, etc. They are "random" classical music performances.

So it ends up as:

Quote:"This Directory Contains" <none>
Scraper = nulled out (??)

Content Scanning Options = exclude this folder (nulled out)

The above doesn't seem to enable any sort of "scraping".

I'm back to where I was before: an empty smart playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playlist, scrapes from Movies folder?0