• 188(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hello Angelscry,
your plugin is very useful for me, but i have one problem. I use windows vista.
I add some application in launcher. And then i start application i view for a second batch command window and than start the programm. How can i hide this batch command window?
did i just hear somebody say vista!!!Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? people still run this carcrash of an os? lolz -.-'

dude thats an sickness not a os id advise you to go and get a windows 7 copy of youre choice asap anyhow about the hiding batch command window i think you gotta add the /s command to the batch youre running thou i think angel can help you out better on this one xD
usertest Wrote:Hello Angelscry,
your plugin is very useful for me, but i have one problem. I use windows vista.
I add some application in launcher. And then i start application i view for a second batch command window and than start the programm. How can i hide this batch command window?
Normally there is an option into Advanced Launcher settings, into Debug menu to hide/show batch command window. Be sure that this option is uncheked :

I may get grief for asking this buuuuuut...

Is there any way that this plugin could be advised to check the current screen configuration (fullscreen window - exclusive) when launched and Advised to switch to windowed mode by sending the "\" command/keystroke upon launch?

Then on close, to check again and send the "\" command to put the HTPC back into full screen exclusive mode on exit?

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do, but it would be a fantastic feature and could be configurable on a user level or jut added as a check switch.

It would mean I do not have to go in manually to do this prior to launch etc and then after close, as sometimes I forget to do so and experience issues with my low powered atom HTPC.

It's just a suggestion and not sure of its possible or even been asked before, but a self check to switch from fullscreen exclusive to fullscreen window at launch and then visa versa on exit would be a huge plus for me.

Keep up the great work, it's a superb plugin and offers an incredible multimedia experience.

Cheers,
Pat~
PatrickBateman Wrote:I may get grief for asking this buuuuuut...

Is there any way that this plugin could be advised to check the current screen configuration (fullscreen window - exclusive) when launched and Advised to switch to windowed mode by sending the "\" command/keystroke upon launch?

Then on close, to check again and send the "\" command to put the HTPC back into full screen exclusive mode on exit?

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do, but it would be a fantastic feature and could be configurable on a user level or jut added as a check switch.

It would mean I do not have to go in manually to do this prior to launch etc and then after close, as sometimes I forget to do so and experience issues with my low powered atom HTPC.

It's just a suggestion and not sure of its possible or even been asked before, but a self check to switch from fullscreen exclusive to fullscreen window at launch and then visa versa on exit would be a huge plus for me.

Keep up the great work, it's a superb plugin and offers an incredible multimedia experience.

Cheers,
Pat~
I will try to found if it is possible to do this from XBMC.

Using "\" command/keystroke before start an application, and using it again after the started application is closed, fix effectively the "true fullscreen mode" problem with XBMC. But it is not really an elegant way to process. Using this method we will clearly see the window/fullscreen switch of XBMC before starting an application.

Personnally, I prefer to use a small .bat file with the nircmd application to do this, like this one :
Code:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer"
iexplore.exe %1
nircmd win max process XBMC.exe
In this example we start Internet Explorer in its working directory with arguments indicated into Advanced Launcher (%1). Then, when Internet Explorer is closed, we use the nircmd application to force XBMC to maximize. It work perfectly on my Windows 7 system with XBMC into true fullscreen mode. And this script could be simply adapted to most of the applications.

But, for Windows users, who do not want to use .bat files, I will try to see this week-end if I can add the "\" key/command support. Nod
Angelscry Wrote:I will try to found if it is possible to do this from XBMC.

Using "\" command/keystroke before start an application, and using it again after the started application is closed, fix effectively the "true fullscreen mode" problem with XBMC. But it is not really an elegant way to process. Using this method we will clearly see the window/fullscreen switch of XBMC before starting an application.

Personnally, I prefer to use a small .bat file with the nircmd application to do this, like this one :
Code:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer"
iexplore.exe %1
nircmd win max process XBMC.exe
In this example we start Internet Explorer in its working directory with arguments indicated into Advanced Launcher (%1). Then, when Internet Explorer is closed, we use the nircmd application to force XBMC to maximize. It work perfectly on my Windows 7 system with XBMC into true fullscreen mode. And this script could be simply adapted to most of the applications.

But, for Windows users, who do not want to use .bat files, I will try to see this week-end if I can add the "\" key/command support. Nod

Brilliant!

This will be a huge plus for me and my little revo Smile it hates running in a fullscreen window.

Thanks very much, sincerely appreciated Nod

1 last question,

I added Snes9x and fusion today (all is fine they work as expected) however I was unable to download a description and any fanart of the actual consoles themselves.

So at the moment I have my emus installed and working, fanart for the games etc are all present... But the actual launcher has nothing and when I go into settings to edit launcher and try and update fanart and thumb for the console, it pulls back nothing? No thumb, no snes fanart, no snes description?

Is the best practice (when installing an emu launcher) to fill in the data your self and add your own images or is there a way to force it to pull the console Data from else where?

If that doesn't make any sense, please feel free to ignore it Laugh

Thanks again,
Pat~
PatrickBateman Wrote:I added Snes9x and fusion today (all is fine they work as expected) however I was unable to download a description and any fanart of the actual consoles themselves.

So at the moment I have my emus installed and working, fanart for the games etc are all present... But the actual launcher has nothing and when I go into settings to edit launcher and try and update fanart and thumb for the console, it pulls back nothing? No thumb, no snes fanart, no snes description?

Is the best practice (when installing an emu launcher) to fill in the data your self and add your own images or is there a way to force it to pull the console Data from else where?

If that doesn't make any sense, please feel free to ignore it Laugh

Thanks again,
Pat~
No, you have to fill the launcher information by yourself. First main reason is that non-english users may surely want to have launcher information and description in there proper language. So I do not see a reason to force them to use english language. The second reason is that all kind of applications can be started by advanced launcher and so... I cannot add all their information into Advanced Launcher.

BTW, if you need stuff, I have made a small thumbs and fanart images pack for game systems (but not for all) named blakc icon pack (http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=61). You could download the last version on my repo : http://xbmc-advanced-launcher.googlecode...ck.1.3.zip. Other packs have been also made by different users of Advanced Launcher : Concerning the way to complete launcher information, I strongly suggest you to use NFO support of Advanced Launcher and use game system information from Wikipedia (for example). Here is a related Youtube tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzhJvoEu2tA
Angelscry Wrote:No, you have to fill the launcher information by yourself. First main reason is that non-english users may surely want to have launcher information and description in there proper language. So I do not see a reason to force them to use english language. The second reason is that all kind of applications can be started by advanced launcher and so... I cannot add all their information into Advanced Launcher.

BTW, if you need stuff, I have made a small thumbs and fanart images pack for game systems (but not for all) named blakc icon pack (http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=61). You could download the last version on my repo : http://xbmc-advanced-launcher.googlecode...ck.1.3.zip. Other packs have been also made by different users of Advanced Launcher : Concerning the way to complete launcher information, I strongly suggest you to use NFO support of Advanced Launcher and use game system information from Wikipedia (for example). Here is a related Youtube tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzhJvoEu2tA

This is very very helpful indeed! Nod

Thanks for this, this clears up my questions and you've provided me with a solution to add icons/nfo etc.

Sincerely appreciated Angelscry,
Thanks again for all your help and support.

Cheers,
Pat~
Angelscry Wrote:Thank you very much. It will be included in the next update.Wink

Thank You. Smile
PatrickBateman Wrote:Brilliant!

This will be a huge plus for me and my little revo Smile it hates running in a fullscreen window.

Thanks very much, sincerely appreciated Nod
Just take a look... using "\" sendkey function from Advanced Launcher and XBMC did not fix actually the problem. BTW using the "\" key as the same effect than using the xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)") function. And this function is used by default by Advanced Launcher (that the Toggle XBMC fullscreen advanced option).

For me (but I could be wrong), it seems that there is actually a "bug" when XBMC (into true fullscreen mode) is minimized. That's the subject of an actual discussion here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116206
I'm having a problem getting the "extra thumbnails" style to show any extra fanart in the information panel. The skin is Aeon MQ3. The error i get in the xbmc.log file states:

22:08:57 T:4256 ERROR: Unable to find plugin extrafanart
22:08:57 T:4256 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://extrafanart/
22:08:57 T:3992 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://extrathumbs/thumb4.jpg
22:08:57 T:4684 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://extrathumbs/thumb3.jpg
22:08:57 T:3992 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://extrathumbs/thumb4.jpg
22:08:57 T:3992 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg

Any ideas on how to turn this plug-in on?
frericks Wrote:I'm having a problem getting the "extra thumbnails" style to show any extra fanart in the information panel. The skin is Aeon MQ3. The error i get in the xbmc.log file states:

22:08:57 T:4256 ERROR: Unable to find plugin extrafanart
22:08:57 T:4256 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://extrafanart/
22:08:57 T:4684 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://extrathumbs/thumb3.jpg
22:08:57 T:3992 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg

Any ideas on how to turn this plug-in on?
Advanced Launcher do not use or require this extrafanart plugin. If you are experimenting problem with this plugin under Aeon MQ3 skin, best thing is to report your problem on the Aeon MQ3 thread. Any extrafanart support for Advanced Launcher are managed by and only by the skin. So here again if you have a problem with extrafanart display with Advanced Launcher under Aeon MQ3 skin, the best to ask support is on the Aeon MQ3 thread.
Angelscry Wrote:Just take a look... using "\" sendkey function from Advanced Launcher and XBMC did not fix actually the problem. BTW using the "\" key as the same effect than using the xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)") function. And this function is used by default by Advanced Launcher (that the Toggle XBMC fullscreen advanced option).

For me (but I could be wrong), it seems that there is actually a "bug" when XBMC (into true fullscreen mode) is minimized. That's the subject of an actual discussion here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116206

Hmm,
That's a shame... It's not a deal breaker but having to manually set xbmc into fullscreen window is a pain for me as I do forget sometimes. I've tried using the inbuilt switch in AL but it doesn't seem to change the exclusivity of xbmc as my games still stay they are unable to access directx and fail to launch...

Is there any other way that the skin can flip the switch in xbmc's settings to "fullscreen window" on launch? And then back to "full screen exclusive" on close?

If not, manually it is for me... It's not a show stopper and doesn't detect from an incredible plugin, but t old be nice one day Smile

Thanks again,
Pat~
PatrickBateman Wrote:That's a shame... It's not a deal breaker but having to manually set xbmc into fullscreen window is a pain for me as I do forget sometimes. I've tried using the inbuilt switch in AL but it doesn't seem to change the exclusivity of xbmc as my games still stay they are unable to access directx and fail to launch...
As I tell you, the Advanced Launcher switch use the XBMC's xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)") function, to switch between both fullscreen mode. But this function seems bugged and do not correctly restore the focus to the XBMC windows. And to correct this bug this is the solution I have actually : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=956...count=2810

PatrickBateman Wrote:Is there any other way that the skin can flip the switch in xbmc's settings to "fullscreen window" on launch? And then back to "full screen exclusive" on close?
One ultimate solution will be to use another small .bat script : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6. It will completly close XBMC before starting your application and then restart XBMC after the application will be closed. In this case XBMC will always still intro true fullscreen mode.

PatrickBateman Wrote:If not, manually it is for me... It's not a show stopper and doesn't detect from an incredible plugin, but t old be nice one day.
I try to do my best. But if some implemanted functions of XBMC do not work properly, I'm not the person to blame.
Angelscry Wrote:As I tell you, the Advanced Launcher switch use the XBMC's xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)") function, to switch between both fullscreen mode. But this function seems bugged and do not correctly restore the focus to the XBMC windows. And to correct this bug this is the solution I have actually : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=956...count=2810

One ultimate solution will be to use another small .bat script : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6. It will completly close XBMC before starting your application and then restart XBMC after the application will be closed. In this case XBMC will always still intro true fullscreen mode.

I try to do my best. But if some implemanted functions of XBMC do not work properly, I'm not the person to blame.

Absolutely,
I hope my post didn't come across that I was insinuating that it was your fault. I understand the limitations and think what you have done to work I between and around them is already pretty fantastic.

Thanks again,
Pat~ Smile
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24