• 189(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hey,

Jut encountered a strange bug today Huh

I've added mame to my launcher exactly as I have added my other emu launchers...
Ive set the directors and when I go to add content it scrapes the art work for the files from the correct location, downloads them, renames them accordingly but does not import them Into the launcher Huh

Mame shows as having 0 files when it's just scraped 30/40 images for files from the mame scraper?

I've deleted the launcher and recreated it, then I've rebooted xbmc etc and yet still "scan for new content" will only download new content but will not add it into my launcher?

Any ideas,

Cheers,
Pat~
PatrickBateman Wrote:I've added mame to my launcher exactly as I have added my other emu launchers...
Ive set the directors and when I go to add content it scrapes the art work for the files from the correct location, downloads them, renames them accordingly but does not import them Into the launcher Huh
You must not rename mame rom files.

PatrickBateman Wrote:Mame shows as having 0 files when it's just scraped 30/40 images for files from the mame scraper?

I've deleted the launcher and recreated it, then I've rebooted xbmc etc and yet still "scan for new content" will only download new content but will not add it into my launcher?
For MAME roms you must use MAWS scrapers (info, thumbs and fanart) for the first scan.

Advanced Launcher scrapping method is based on filenames recognition. But for dedicated MAME roms, you must not rename them into there corresponding title.... It you do that, MAME will not be able to start them. So you must use a scraper that recognise original MAME roms filename. That's the goal of the MAWS scrapper.
Hmm, just installed this add-on.
I'm having some problems adding files to the launcher tho-: xbmc completely freezes after specifying launching arguments.
This is the log file: http://pastebin.com/dEUQtWnU
Angelscry Wrote:You must not rename mame rom files.

For MAME roms you must use MAWS scrapers (info, thumbs and fanart) for the first scan.

Advanced Launcher scrapping method is based on filenames recognition. But for dedicated MAME roms, you must not rename them into there corresponding title.... It you do that, MAME will not be able to start them. So you must use a scraper that recognise original MAME roms filename. That's the goal of the MAWS scrapper.

Sorry my semantics were all wrong..

"I" never renamed anything, the plugin downloaded the "artwork" and renamed them accordingly, I should most likely have said "named them accordingly".

Mame roms are as expected,
Art work is as expected,
Naming conventions are defaults,
Scraper set to mame world,
Download and I'd of files is fine,
Launcher is pointing to mame.exe and rom and art work directories are set accordingly and correctly.

Next I go to the launcher, select "add content" select scan fr new content and it scans for new content as expected... It shows as if it is entering the data into the plugin... However when complete, I select the mame launcher and it just "flashes" th screen as it has 0 data.

I've set up all my other emus in the same fashion and if i manually add a file it takes it correctly, but scan is not adding in new files?

Also, when changing artwork for a file, I select edit thumb, I pick a new thumb from online, I download the new thumb, it changes and over writes the old thumb as expected, and as soon as I exit the application, somehow the old thumb has returned even though it's pointing to the new thumb Huh Does advanced launcher cache images somewhere? If so can this be purged every so often or something?

Try changing 5 thumbs for 5 mega drive roms in a row and watch what happens? They start reverting back to the old thumb after you complete the next file?

This could be nightly behaviour issues I suppose as they hve been buggy lately but these issues are very much apparent for me Sad

Cheers,
Pat~
Zelgadis87 Wrote:Hmm, just installed this add-on.
I'm having some problems adding files to the launcher tho-: xbmc completely freezes after specifying launching arguments.
This is the log file: http://pastebin.com/dEUQtWnU
The two lines of the log only related to Advanced Launcher are those ones :
Code:
01:18:57 T:9876  NOTICE: ERROR: Main::get_xml_source (1198) - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:\\Users\\ZeL\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.program.advanced.launcher\\launchers.xml'
01:18:57 T:9876  NOTICE: Launcher: found 0 launchers
It's the first time you start Advanced Launcher so it is normal that the launchers.xml file do not exist (notice line 1) and that no launcher was found (notice line 2). The Log file do not show any error concerning Advanced Launcher... but different error concerning script.TraktUtilities, script.artwork.downloader and Keymapping. Those errors may have an effect on Advanced Launcher. First thing I can suggest you is too disable these script, fix your keymap problem, use the Confluence skin, and get another try to Advanced Launcher.
Version 1.6.7 : This new version of Advanced Launcher add the hungarian translation (thank you to cortez44 for the corresponding strings.xml file) and also add the small fix the the MAME scraping process that was not working when the selected application was not explicitly identified as a MAME application.

Changelog:
  • Fix MAME scraper modes (for non-MAME applications).
  • Add hungarian translation (thanks to cortez44).
PatrickBateman Wrote:Sorry my semantics were all wrong..

"I" never renamed anything, the plugin downloaded the "artwork" and renamed them accordingly, I should most likely have said "named them accordingly".

Mame roms are as expected,
Art work is as expected,
Naming conventions are defaults,
Scraper set to mame world,
Download and I'd of files is fine,
Launcher is pointing to mame.exe and rom and art work directories are set accordingly and correctly.

Next I go to the launcher, select "add content" select scan fr new content and it scans for new content as expected... It shows as if it is entering the data into the plugin... However when complete, I select the mame launcher and it just "flashes" th screen as it has 0 data.

I've set up all my other emus in the same fashion and if i manually add a file it takes it correctly, but scan is not adding in new files?

Also, when changing artwork for a file, I select edit thumb, I pick a new thumb from online, I download the new thumb, it changes and over writes the old thumb as expected, and as soon as I exit the application, somehow the old thumb has returned even though it's pointing to the new thumb Huh Does advanced launcher cache images somewhere? If so can this be purged every so often or something?

Try changing 5 thumbs for 5 mega drive roms in a row and watch what happens? They start reverting back to the old thumb after you complete the next file?

This could be nightly behaviour issues I suppose as they hve been buggy lately but these issues are very much apparent for me Sad

Cheers,
Pat~
I have just released a small update of Advanced Launcher. This one imply a small fix for MAME scrappers. I do not know if it will fix your problem, because I have tested this version with the last night build version of XBMC and all was working correctly. If you problem persist, please post here the content of your launcher.xml file. Maybe your launcher is not configured correctly.

Concerning the cached thumbs and fanarts images, as I have already explained a lot of time (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=954...count=2796), they are managed by XBMC not Advanced Launcher. If you want to replace an image by another one, it is not recommended to do it out of XBMC. Advanced already have a specific options to do this (import from local image) and dedicated scrapers based on database and on Google images.

I think I will make a Youtube tutorial on this aspect of Advanced Launcher....
Angelscry Wrote:The two lines of the log only related to Advanced Launcher are those ones :
Code:
01:18:57 T:9876  NOTICE: ERROR: Main::get_xml_source (1198) - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:\\Users\\ZeL\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.program.advanced.launcher\\launchers.xml'
01:18:57 T:9876  NOTICE: Launcher: found 0 launchers
It's the first time you start Advanced Launcher so it is normal that the launchers.xml file do not exist (notice line 1) and that no launcher was found (notice line 2). The Log file do not show any error concerning Advanced Launcher... but different error concerning script.TraktUtilities, script.artwork.downloader and Keymapping. Those errors may have an effect on Advanced Launcher. First thing I can suggest you is too disable these script, fix your keymap problem, use the Confluence skin, and get another try to Advanced Launcher.

I disabled the addons mentioned above, but I still got the same freezing issue.. Then I switched to Confluence, restarted, and it's now working!
Thanks for your help!
Zelgadis87 Wrote:I disabled the addons mentioned above, but I still got the same freezing issue.. Then I switched to Confluence, restarted, and it's now working!
Thanks for your help!
Your problem seems related to the skin you are using. It may be a good idea to report this bug to the skin maintainers. Must be something related to the list display.
Angelscry Wrote:Concerning the cached thumbs and fanarts images, as I have already explained a lot of time (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=954...count=2796), they are managed by XBMC not Advanced Launcher. If you want to replace an image by another one, it is not recommended to do it out of XBMC. Advanced already have a specific options to do this (import from local image) and dedicated scrapers based on database and on Google images.

I think I will make a Youtube tutorial on this aspect of Advanced Launcher....

hi,

I'll try the update and report back... Again I may have to write my posts a little more concise as I never changed the images outside out of xbmc. I was using the launcher to change the thumbs.

Hopefully it will fix the issue though, so thank you very much for the support and the update Smile

Cheers,
Pat~
Hi,

I use this launcher to launch mame games.

Is there a way to use alternate mame.exe for some games? cause they've been disabled in recent mame build (talking about Cave shoot em ups here).

Also I noticed that after scanning for new games..... the xbmc brigtness goes very dark.
kevenz Wrote:Hi,

I use this launcher to launch mame games.

Is there a way to use alternate mame.exe for some games? cause they've been disabled in recent mame build (talking about Cave shoot em ups here).
You can install any alternate MAME application you want and use it instead of the official MAME version. If the commad lines are the same you just have to change the executable file into the MAME launcher settings. Advanced Launcher is not specifically linked to any applications.

If you plan to use several MAME versions at the same time, you will need to create several different launcher.... One for each executable MAME application.

The specific Advanced Launcher support of MAME is defined by how the scrapper will found the game information. For MAME roms, because they have a specific file name, you must use the dedicated MAME World scrapper. For example "sf2" will be automatically recognized as Street Fighters 2 with the MAME World scrapper. Other scrappers will search for a game named "sf2"... and so will return no result (I think...). Out of that point you can use any application you want.

kevenz Wrote:Also I noticed that after scanning for new games..... the xbmc brigtness goes very dark.
I do not think it is related to Advanced Launcher but related to the skin you are using or to XBMC. Advanced Launcher do no interact at all with display or brigthness features.
Ok thanks!

So I really need to create another launcher...?

ie: I got around 300 mame games.... but only 5 of em need to use another .exe for them to start.
kevenz Wrote:Ok thanks!

So I really need to create another launcher...?

ie: I got around 300 mame games.... but only 5 of em need to use another .exe for them to start.
You want to "launch" 5 games differently than 300 others. So yes, you need to create another launcher (with different way to start games).

You can avoid this if you will be able to start all the 305 games with the alternative version of MAME? It must be possible, no?

Another possibility to avoid to use 2 different launcher, will be that you add/create a small script that will be started by Advanced Launcher and that will identify which game you want to start. Then, the script will start the official version of MAME or its modified version, depending of the game that will be selected.
Hi, thanks for the Add-On. I am using it to launch PC games as file launchers. Most games work fine, but some games, on exit and return to XBMC, have XBMC running in small window on my desktop.

More details:

The display is 1280x720. XBMC is set to "use a fullscreen window" of 1280x720. My games are all set to 1920x1080p or at least 1600x[whatever]. All but two of the games have no problems. Those two, Crysis and Dead Space 2, upon exiting the game, return me to my PC desktop with XBMC running in a small window in the corner (fully functional). If I launch one of the "broken" games then, XBMC will return to fullscreen as soon as I click on the game, and play the game fullscreen, but will still return to the small window upon exiting the game. If I launch one of the "good" games, it will remain correctly in fullscreen after exiting the game.

XBMC's system>video output screen and Windows 7 resolution all continue to report 1280x720 while this is going on.

On a different display that is 1080p, I have the opposite problem. After exiting the game, XBMC is in a too-large window that extends outside the screen.

edit: After more testing, this is not an Advanced Launcher problem per se; this happens if I launch a game manually from Windows while XBMC is running, and then quit the game. I guess it's an XBMC issue of some sort? I don't know what to do about it since both XBMC and Windows, after quitting the game, still say they are at the correct resolution.
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24